Monday, January 2, 2017

January Want To Read and stuff for 2017

I plan on being more active here in 2017. Yes I posted a review on here for every book I read in 2016, and plan to keep that up, (granted I combined the last 2 which I really shouldn't have but meh) but I can do more, and want to. I tried and failed last year to keep stats. This year i'm keeping stats in a spreadsheet, multiple spreadsheets actually. In a simple way but will help me keep track of the books I read through-out the year and many interesting stats. So I hope to add monthly want to read's on here and the monthly stats as well. I do have a booktube channel as well Here if you'd like to check it out. If you have more things you'd like to see on this blog, or any suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know! :)

My January Want to Read



I could not for the life of me get both the kindle book and the physical books in the same shot because of lighting. I tried. Anyway there are 8 books in it. My Booktube video of my Jan WTR is up Here.

1. Frostblood by Elly Blake

I got an ARC of this thanks to netgalley. It's what i'm currently reading. It is expected to come out January 10th. A Young Adult fantasy that i'm seeing compared to Frozen...which i've never seen. It involves Firebloods and Frostbloods and right now, as of writing this, i'm 21% of the way through and loving it!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time Part 1 by Akira Himekawa

A manga about the video game Zelda in a storyline from what I understand. I like zelda, never completed a game because I kept restarting for some reason, and I want to read this and get more into manga.

3. Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

All I know is lesbian vampires and it actually pre-dates Dracula, so hell yeah I want to read it!

4. Gemina by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff and Marie Lu

I read Illuminae in November, and loved it! A YA sci-fi/romance adventure. This is the second book in a trilogy with the 3rd coming out later this year.

5. Dracula by Bram Stoker

A vampire gothic-horror classic. Loved it in movie form and love vampires in general. I can't wait to get into this!

6. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial: in His Adventure on Earth by William Kotzwinkle

Loved the movie as a child and figured why not read the book? E.T. <3

7. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

Read Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children last January and while I didn't like it I have been meaning to get to this second book in the trilogy, see if it gets better as i've heard it does.

8. Sunstone Vol 5 by Stjepan Šejić

The 5th volume (expected to come out January 24th) of Sunstone. Having looked at the author's deviantart Here and Amazon I believe it's coming out January 24th but if it doesn't I have 2 more graphic novels that i'll choose from instead while I wait (if it does come out i'll get it asap!). I want to read at least 24 graphic novels in 2017, so at least 2 a month. Zelda counts for one. I also have Dance in the vampire bund by Nozomu Tamaki and Vampire Dance by Sergio Bleda as backups.

Sunstone is a comic about 2 girls, Lisa and Ally, exploring their kink of BDSM and falling in love. It's sweet, has a wonderful storyline, great artwork and I love it! Obviously the backup graphic novels are about vampires and that is all I know. I like vampires...that's enough for me! ^_^

This is not necessarily the order they will get read and if I change stuff so be it, but I really want to get to these so here's hoping! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment