Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Authors I want to read more from

Top 5 Wednesday information at the Goodreads group Here.

This week's Top; 5 Wednesday- "Talk about some authors that you've only read one or a few books from, and you NEED to read more!" So here are 5 author's I want to read more from!

1. Hannah Moskowitz

I read Not Otherwise Specified by her. A book about a bisexual black girl recovering from an eating disorder and in love with ballet (and the bisexual and recovering from an eating disorder are own voices). I adored it so much and being the first book I ever read and even heard about with a bisexual character, and main character at that, I cried through-out the entire book and related so much to that part of it. It was also the first review I ever wrote on this blog here, the reason I got inspired to start doing this in the first place. I have some other books by her, including 'Teeth', 'Gena/Finn', and 'A history of glitter and blood' and I haven't read any of them (yet). I really need to read more by her!

2. Stephen King

I know I read some books by him when I was a teenager, bag of bones and bleak house I think, but they went over my head. Most books did at the time because I didn't realize I had to slow down my reading to process what I was reading (I hated my lack of reading comprehension growing up...if someone had just told me "slow down and take it in, you don't have to read fast" that would have really helped!). I have since, last year, read "IT" and I have 'Pet Semetary' and 'Salem's Lot' that I haven't read yet. I definitely want to read more by him, and re-read the books I read as a teen.

3. Hillary Monahan

I read "The Awesome" by her (as Eva Darrows) and really enjoyed it. She has recently come out with 'Dead Little Mean Girl' that I want to check out and I have her "Mary: The Summoning" but haven't read it yet.

4. Anne Rice

I have read the first 3 books (there are 12 so far..) in The Vampire Chronicles series, and so far I do plan on continuing with that (I have the 4th). I also want to check out some of her other works and series though. I know she has stuff about witches and werewolves and so many things. So many books, so little time.

5. Brom

I read "Krampus: The Yule Lord" by Brom and really liked it. He has other books including a dark Peter Pan retelling "The Child Thief" and many more books. He also illustrates and I really like his illustrations too. I don't have any of his other books yet but I do really want to check them out!

So there are some authors i've read some from and I really want to read more from! What are some authors you want to read more from? Have you read these authors and if so what do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. So I haven't read ANY of these authors before! But I do want to try a Stephan King one day, to at least say I have.😂 And I've heard such good things about Hannah Moskowski that I would love to try her books too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you for reading and commenting! If you try them out I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete