Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite LGBTQ+ Reads

Top 5 Wednesday information at the Goodreads group Here.

1. Noteworthy by Riley Redgate

A Chinese-American Bisexual Main Character as well as other important diverse characters in a natural feeling way that I absolutely loved! It comes out May 2nd (I got an ARC from Netgalley) and I reviewed it Here. It's own voices for Chinese-American and Bisexuality too! I highly recommend checking it out!
















2. Chameleon Moon by RoAnna Sylver

There is a polyamorous relationship with 3 girls, one of which is a transgirl (who is also kick-ass!). It also deals with depression, anxiety, PTSD, physical disability and has POC. There is a non-binary character as well. The author identifies as non-binary, queer, and deals with chronic pain, medical issues and is neurodivergent, so it's also own voices in those respects! I read this in January and reviewed it Here. I highly recommend, well every book on this list so i'll quit repeating myself now! :)












3. The Abyss Surrounds Us and The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie

A Duology that has bad-ass lesbian pirates fighting sea monsters. I reviewed the first one Here and the second one Here. Chameleon Moon also has a second book that recently came out though I haven't read it yet (but from what i've heard is equally as amazing!).

4. Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskowitz

The Main Character, Etta, is a black bisexual girl recovering from an eating disorder and in love with Ballet. She is amazing as is the storyline. It's the first book I ever read with a bisexual character, at all, and I fell in love with it and Etta's voice! The author is also bisexual and has talked about her experience with an eating disorder before, so it's own voices for both of those things. It's also the first book I ever wrote a review for, so it's probably not the best review but it's Here if you wanna check it out.











5. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

I know this book will probably be on many lists, and for good reason! It's the story about 2 Mexican-American boys falling in love. It's deep, profound and beautiful in so many ways. I reviewed it Here.



















What LGBTQ+ books do you love?

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choices. I've been meaning to read Ari and Dante but I have so many books on my TBR...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The never ending TBR pile...I swear it multiplies when one sleeps. :) Thank you for reading & commenting.

      Delete