Monday, June 19, 2017

Chobits Vol 1-8 by CLAMP book thoughts


Title: Chobits Vol 1-8
Series: Yes #1-8
Author: CLAMP
Published Date: Through 2001-2002
Publisher: Dark Horse
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 1,425
Format: Physical 2 Omnibus's, both 4 volumes
Genre: Sci-fi/Romance/Manga
Days to Read: 7
Rating: 4.5625 if averaged all together. 4-5 stars per volume

Goodreads Synopsis

(for the first volume so as to not spoil)

Chi isn't your average humanoid computer. She can't do word processing, she can't connect to the Internet, and she's incapable of networking with other persocoms. Even her sound card seems broken. No wonder Hideki found her tied up in a pile of trash. But when the 19-year-old technophobe takes her home, he finds that she may be more advanced than her childlike behavior lets on.

My Thoughts:

I read this series because my partner introduced me to it, though he's only watched the anime (I have to do that next). I am really glad he introduced me to this because it was better than I was expecting! I was expecting cuteness, and yes I got that, but it has an interesting story-line that gets deeper the more you go on and has a good message by the end. It talks about what love is. It talks about flaws, how everyone is flawed, no matter what. We can think others are superior and have it easier, when in reality that may not be the case. I don't necessarily think it's perfect but I loved it over-all and was pleasantly surprised to see the messages in it along with the deepening plot.

I also loved the characters and the art. If you are looking for a quick read with cuteness and a dose of thought-provoking and still sweet story, i'd say to give it a shot!

I initially wasn't going to bother with a blog review, but I might as well even if it isn't a great review it's something as well as having the stats up.

No comments:

Post a Comment