Thursday, June 29, 2017

Food Wars!, Vol. 1 by Yuto Tsukuda book thoughts


Title: Food Wars!, Vol. 1
Series: Yes #1
Author: Yuto Tsukuda
Published Date: April 4th, 2013
Publisher: VIZ Media LLC
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 208
Format: Manga/Paperback
Genre: Manga/Humor
Days to Read: 2
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Would I recommend it?: Yes
Would I read more books by this Author?: Yes
My Social Media: Goodreads/Instagram/Twitter

Goodreads Synopsis

Soma Yukihira's old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father's culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school! Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10% graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!

My Thoughts

I bought it because I have heard good things about this manga series. I'm glad I picked it up! It's rather funny at times. I am definitely rooting for Soma (and Megumi too, another character) to do well in their, very tough, culinary school. I loved Soma's attitude towards cooking and life in general. That failure can eventually lead to success. The art is adorable and i'm very interested to see how Soma does from here on out, so i'm going to have to buy more volumes, I am so behind!

There is quite a bit of sexual fanservice, generally ment to be humorous, and it doesn't bother me personally but I mention it because I know others aren't always into that and such. The tasting is orgasmic/euphoric, not really sure how else to put it. Visions of how it tastes, i'm not sure how to describe it.

Interesting premise, love the main character, interested to see how it goes, funny and adorable. If it sounds interesting to you, you really like food (you might get hungry from this manga!), like manga and don't mind sexual fanservice i'd recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment