Thursday, July 27, 2017

Since you've been gone by Morgan Matson book thoughts


Title: Since you've been gone
Series: N/A
Author: Morgan Matson
Published Date: May 6th, 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 449
Format: Paperback
Genre: Young Adult/Contemporary
Days to Read: 5
Rating: 4.5 stars
Would I recommend it?: Yes
Would I read more books by this Author?: Yes
My Social Media: Goodreads/Instagram/Twitter

Goodreads Synopsis

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger? Um...

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go skinny-dipping? Wait...what?

My Thoughts

I've heard so many good things about this and it sounded interesting enough, so I picked it up. And i'm so glad I did! I related to Emily so much with how shy she is. Painfully shy and just everything about her, except the running part. Basically I went "Emily is me, I am Emily, we are one". I really didn't like Sloane at first, but I loved getting flashbacks and learning more about her as time went on and this book, for both Emily and Sloane, screams character development! And I loved every bit of it! Anytime I got worried about something, it did end up being addressed! The pacing was steady, it was readable and still made me think. It made me laugh out loud as well cry and even hug the book!

I don't want to spoil anything and this book is already very hyped, and now I understand why! If you like contemporaries i'd highly recommend checking this book out!

No comments:

Post a Comment