Thursday, January 4, 2018

2017 Wrap Up and plans for 2018!

First a quick look at all the books I read in 2017! I read 100, this will look like 99 because I read The Library of Souls by Richard Denney twice, once as an e-arc and once as a finished paperback copy. My 2017 Goodreads Challenge.

Some quick 2017 stats

I read over 60% women authors, and i'm really happy with that. I calculated number of pages read twice and got slightly different numbers...but close to 24,000 both times for an average of about 66 pages a day. I read 47 kindle books and 53 physical books. My average rating for the year was 3.88, I read a lot of good books this year!

Goals for 2018!

In terms of reading i'm hoping to read 104 books or more this year, with 104 being an average of 2 a week. But mostly I do want to keep reading as a fun hobby, I just want to expand my reading horizons and read a lot of good books this year! But if that becomes stressful, the number, i'll just lower it, no big deal.

I want to read a wide range of different kinds of books as i'm interested in so many things! Also, no more tbr's! Except in the case of read-a-thons. This will let me participate in more read-a-thons, challenges, group reads etc.! I just got into graphic novels last year and read 24, and I fell in love with them! So I want to read even more this year. I want to read a few books by Stephen King. I want to be more of a mood reader as well as let myself re-read books. I want to maybe hopefully finish the complete book of Grimm's fairy-tales...hopefully.

Besides books I want to watch more shows i'm interested in, like re-watching Buffy because it's been awhile. Watching some of the stuff I have in my list on netflix. Watch some movies because there are so many I want to watch and never do, maybe at least 1-2 a month. I want to get into drawing and practice. I want to play some video games i've been meaning too but keep putting off. And I want to be more consistent with blogging and making youtube/booktube videos. For blogging i'd like to post at least once a week on Thursdays (EST) in addition to any extra stuff I may do. Also use Instagram more.

In regards to reviews I stopped reviewing every book I read on here in 2017...maybe I could get back to that? I do now post them in full on Goodreads too minus the stats, and I figured if it was something short why bother posting here? But...who cares if some are reviews are shorter? It's difficult for example to write a long review for a comic book. But that doesn't mean the review isn't worth anything. Who knows but I will have monthly wrap-up posts at the end of each month (well, probably posted early the next month but you know what I mean) that will include all the books I read that month with links to their reviews, videos I posted on my booktube channel, talk about whatever shows and movies I watched that month as well as video games played. Other odds and ends too like maybe I read some fanfiction that month, or talk about drawing progress, as well as link any miscellaneous posts I did that month. Of course it will also have stats like number of pages read and average rating.

I do have a planner for this year, first year i'm using a planner, so hopefully that'll help a lot!

I'm hoping for an awesome 2018! What do you think of these plans? What are your plans for 2018?

Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that's an epic selection of books you read! Congrats on that amazing amount too and I hope you have a great time with your reading this year. :D I'm also keen to do more art this year and maybe watch a bit more TV?! It's a great way to relax but also refill the creative tank so I hope you get to dot hat. And good luck with your planner!! I tried one last year but kept forgetting to write in it. So much fail for me.😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Lol, my planner has been working for me so far, it looks messy but it's working :)

      Delete