Tuesday, February 6, 2018

January 2018 Wrap Up

Reviews

I hate Fairyland Vol. 3 by Skottie Young 5 stars
Deadly Partnership: Murder, Blackmail and Voices from the Spirit World by Richard Gardner 4 stars
Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 2 by Nozomu Tamaki 5 stars
Saga Vol. 5 by Brian K. Vaughn 5 stars
The Last Savanna by Mike Bond 1 star
The House with a Clock in its Walls by John Bellairs 4.25 stars
Haunted by R.L. Stine 3.25 stars
Food Wars! Vol. 4 by Yuto TSukuda 5 stars
Food Wars! Vol. 5 by Yuto Tsukuda 4 stars
Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood by Marjorie Liu 3.75 stars

I have also read 13 stories in 'The Complete Grimm's fairy tales' (12-13 each month to finally finish it this year), 31 short stories in 'Horrors! 265 scary stories' (they are each 1-2, maybe 3 pages long, so 1 a day is perfectly fine) and 7 short stories in '100 Tiny Tales of Terror'.

Number of pages read: 1,856
Average number of pages read per day: 59.87
Average Rating (not counting the short stories from the anthologies i'm still working on): 4.03

Other Posts

2017 Wrap Up and Plans for 2018!
Books on my radar: First Quarter of 2018

Youtube Videos Posted

December 2017 Physical Book Haul
December Wrap Up Part 1
T5W: 2018 Reading Resolutions
December 2017 Wrap Up Part 2
December Kindle Haul #2
Top 10 Favorite Reads of 2017
Books I read in 2017 and some stats
New Years Resolutions Book Tag
T5W Books I didn't get to in 2017
Recent Reads #1-3
Most Disappointing Reads of 2017
T5W Forgettable Books
Recent Reads #4-7
January Nocturnal Reader's Box Unboxing
T5W Books I disliked but love to discuss
Recent Reads #8-10
How I annotate
T5W Hidden Gems in my favorite genres

TV Shows I watched

Chobits

I read the manga of Chobits last year, and I finally got around to watching the anime! I loved it! It's cute, hilarious, and makes ya think a bit while mostly just being cute and funny.

Supernatural

Love this show, love the Winchesters. I am a Sam girl HOWEVER I love all of them! Sam, Dean, Castiel, Jack...and each episode generally leaves me on the edge of my seat and needing more.

Movies I watched

Corpse Bride

I decided to finally start paying attention to what's coming and going on netflix. I saw Corpse Bride, which i've wanted to see but never did, was leaving (has left) Netflix, so I watched it before it left...and now i'm kicking myself for not watching it sooner! I loved it!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I saw this was leaving as well and while I have watched it before it had been a long time, so I watched it again, and enjoyed it again.

The first 4 Pirates of the Caribbean Movies

I saw that the 5th Pirates of the Caribbean movies is on Netflix, which I pay for anyway, Dead Men Tell No Tales, and i've wanted to watch it but didn't want to as well, because of Johnny Depp. However I love the POTC movies...I had watched the first 4 over 5 years ago, pre-house fire, and afterwards, I got the movies again because I love them, but apparently only re-watched the first 2 before the Johnny Depp crap happened. The 3rd and 4th were still in the packaging...5 years later...

Anyway I re-watched the first 4 because I love the movies and my memory sucks, and then watched the 5th, technically an hour or so into February but before typing this up so...anyway I loved the 5th one too! It answered some questions, raised some more but over-all I loved it and I am POTC trash. But they do have great action and characters and just...I love them okay.

I know these aren't reviews for what I watched, I don't know how to review tv shows and movies, I have a bad memory and it's not like I can annotate them. But I can at least say, I watched these and how I felt about them. Feel free to chat about them with me :) Or anything else of course.

What have you read or watched in January? Or played any video games? How was your month? Read or seen any of these? I hope you had a good month, and if not that February is better for you! :)

Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment