Sunday, September 1, 2019

August 25th to August 31st, 2019 Weekly Wrap Up

What I Finished Reading

Titles in this section link to my (sometimes fuller) reviews on Goodreads.

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland 5⭐

I am loving this series! I mean yes, it's book 2 out of 6 so I still have a ways to go but this book got a hold of my heart. It's book 2 so I don't want to spoil anything so i'll just say that Angel's character development in this one is amazing. It had me crying with the development of Angel's and her dad's relationship. I didn't see the plot twists coming. Heart, emotion, development, action. This book had it all and I can't wait to see what the rest of the series has in store!

Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley 1⭐

If you know me you know this sounds right up my alley. F/F relationship that includes a goth girl. Sadly I couldn't stand...any of it. Becka struck me as shallow, narcissistic and manipulative. It actually brought me back to some bad memories. She would blame Kim for things and make her feel bad for things she shouldn't have. Kim had to constantly apologize to Becka who acted like the world revolved around her. Not that Kim was awesome either as she seemed to lack some much needed empathy in regards to her job-part time Grim Reaper. And the whole plot with the Cat Dad and Grim Reapers seemed...off as well to put it lightly. Nothing about it worked for me.

I couldn't stand the characters, the writing, the plot and I was anti-shipping the relationship. They have some serious issues I can't see them being able to work through in a healthy manner. Not to mention Kim wasn't interested in Becka until after Becka (somewhat creepily) made it known she was into Kim. Kim says as much but then boom, random interest? Felt like out of nowhere or "well she's into me guess that means I have to be into her back". I didn't feel any chemistry between them. Combined with the other issues..i'm sorry but I won't be continuing the series.

101 Amazing Johnny Depp Facts by Frankie Taylor 3⭐

Hoopla borrow because I feel bad if I don't use all my borrows and it was something quick. Not much to say. It is what it says it is, sort of. List of Johnny Depp facts. Learned some things.

101 Amazing Facts about Avril Lavigne by Jack Goldstein and Frankie Taylor 3⭐

Like the Johnny Depp one but Avril Lavigne. Also a hoopla borrow.

Some Possibilities for the next week


Truthfully anything on my September TBR (video coming tomorrow-Sept 2nd) but here are what the ones I think are mostly likely to be read during the next week. Or at least partially read. Blind Date for the R.L. Stine buddy read. Romantic Outlaws just because I want to though i'm sure I won't finish it this week. The Paper Menagerie for the "Space, Spells and Screams" group which I will finish next week if I don't finish it this week. Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens because I want to.Haunted Objects because Hoopla Borrow.

TV I Watched
Kenan and Kel Season 1 Episode 1. I used to love this show as a kid! Still seem to enjoy it. :) I bought season 1 on Amazon.

Siren Season 2 Episode's 9-16. Finally caught up! And man I love this show! Mermaids, Military conspiracy thing or whatever, action, great characters, queer polyamory relationship that is healthy (F/F/M). I AM IN LOVE. And that finale! OMG HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! Loving it so much <3 (No spoilers, just me shouting GO WATCH IT! It's on freeform and hulu)

No movies were watched this past week.

Youtube Videos Posted

August 2019 Book Haul [38 Books!]

Book Haul

Amazon Freebies


Paid for Amazon Kindle Books


Prolific Works Freebies


Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, because Kim Reaper looks like something I'd pick up, and now you saved me some time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. Or possibly you're welcome? If you decide to pick it up I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

      Delete
    2. I always try to pick books that other reviewers who have the same favorites, pick up too. I think we kinda have the same taste in books, so you definitely saved me time :)

      So indeed, you're welcome!

      Delete