Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sept 8th to Sept 14th, 2019 Weekly Wrap Up

What I Finished Reading

Titles in this section link to my (sometimes fuller) reviews on Goodreads.

Haunted Objects: Stories of Ghosts on Your Shelf by Christopher Balzano and Tim Weisberg 4⭐

Ghosties and haunted objects. A fun and spooky read. Even if you don't believe in the paranormal it has some interesting facts in it. It doesn't tell you what to think either, it tells you what happened, what people said, possible explanations for some things. Nice pictures as well. I do believe in the paranormal though and this was right up my alley. TW: Fire

The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu 3.88⭐

15 stories and as you can see from the over-all rating I really did enjoy it for the most part. A couple stories didn't work for me but most did. Had emotion, learned things as well. My Goodreads review gives a bit about how I felt about each story. I'm glad I read it.

Goosebumps: Monsters at Midnight Vol 1-3 by Jeremy Lambert 4⭐

Fun, scary (for kids) and sweet! I loved the sweetness thrown in with Irk as well as the fact the 2 sisters who are the MC's have 2 moms! It's just there, all casual like, no big deal, in a children's comic. I wish there was more to it (the comic over-all) but that's about it. I loved it.

Sheets by Brenna Thummler 3⭐

I don't really have anything to say here. The first half felt like it dragged on, enjoyed the second half more, but over-all I just found it ok. I don't regret reading it, just didn't love it either.

Some Possibilities for the Next Week

I have started Halloween Fiend which is a buddy read with my friend Latasha. The War of the Worlds is a group read in The Reading for Pleasure group that I hope to read. As you well know by now probably i'd like to get to Romantic Outlaws and Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens because i've started them but they keep getting pushed aside for other reads and it's starting to drive me nuts. Mabon is coming up soon! I want to read Shadowshaper for the Afrolatinx readalong and i've had it for awhile sitting on my tablet. I got The Tensorate Series on hoopla, on audio, for the Beyond the Binary book club as it's the September/October book pick, or the first one in the series is anyway. Hoopla has the first one on audio but it also has the entire series on audio for just one borrow and in total it's about 13 hours long so I figured why not just the get the entire series. I'm new to audio books so i'm not sure how this will go but i'll give it my best shot!

TV I Watched

MLP Season 9 Episode 19 "Dragon Dropped".

Youtube Videos Posted

Recent Reads #18 | 2019

Book Haul

Amazon Freebies


Paid for Amazon Ebooks


Physical


Story Origin Freebies


Etsy Haul

Clear Quartz, Amazonite, and Rose Quartz

Other

I also helped back "Ending the Pursuit: Asexuality, Aromanticism, and Agender Identity" on Unbound! I'm Agender. Many Agender, Asexual and Aromantic people end up feeling broken. The aspec community deserves to know they aren't broken and that they are not alone. If you feel so inclined and are able, please help get the book funded to become a reality! And even if you can't, sharing it helps as well. I'm just an Agender person that really hopes this book gets the funding it needs.

Also wanted to mention that Black Rainbow up above is a LGBTQ+ horror anthology by LGBTQ+ authors and allies!

Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment