Monday, November 25, 2019

Queer Lit Readathon and December TBR!

The Queer Lit Readathon takes place from Dec 1st-Dec 7th and the twitter with all the info is Here. They have a bingo board

I am under no delusions that i'll be able to get to my entire TBR for it. But here are the books I have for it and what squares they complete. I'll get to what I get to.

Feminist, Queer, Crip by Alison Kafer: Non-fiction

The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite: ???(Sapphic), Own Voices, Historical Fiction, New (to me) Author, Bi/Pan MC, Rainbow Cover, New Genre (historical fiction)

Blacker Than Blue by Rebekah Weatherspoon: ???(Sapphic), POC Author

Citrus Vol. 10 by Saburouta: ???(Sapphic), Graphic Novel, Translated

Glitter Blood: A Chapbook by Kayla Bashe: Disability Rep, New (to me) Author

Making Love by Aidan Wayne: Ace/Aro MC, ???(Sapphic), New (to me) Author, Bi/pan MC

George by Alex Gino: Trans Spec MC, Middle Grade, Own Voices, New (to me) Author, Rainbow Cover (because the letters of George)

IF I read them all i'll complete every square except for the group read as I don't have that one. The group read is Orpheus Girl by Brynne Rebele-Henry. I know I won't be able to read all that in a week though so we'll see what I get to.

My TBR for the rest of December!

The Nightmare Room by Chris Sorensen is a group read for the Horror Aficionados group on Goodreads.

The Ghost Files by Apryl Baker is a buddy read.

The First Horror by R.L. Stine is also a buddy read.

Krampus: The Yule Lord by Brom will be my 3rd time reading it if I do. I want to try to get into audio books by starting with books i've already read. I wouldn't recommend reading this the first time by listening to it though unless you have the physical book because there are pictures, but I have it physically so I can read along while listening and look at them. A wonderful holiday horror book!

Merry Murder by Angel Gelique is just a holiday horror book i'd like to read.

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden seems like a wintery fantasy book i've heard mostly good things about.

The Naughty List by Perrin Briar is another holiday horror book i'd like to read.

Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens edited by Marieke Nijkamp is an anthology i've been currently reading all year. I've read a few stories and mostly enjoyed them. As someone who was born disabled i've been waiting for a book like this my entire life. I was a disabled kid and a disabled teen, and now I am a disabled adult as I will always be disabled. Finally, a book like this exists. Why haven't I finished it yet?! Disabled teens exist and matter.

The Bizarro Starter Kit (Orange) is another anthology I started earlier this year though i'm not too far into, but the few stories I have read so far i've enjoyed. So I want to finish it before 2020, hopefully. We shall see.

The Shining by Stephen King i'm not actually expecting to be able to get to but it is a buddy read Paul Read's Books is doing and if I can manage it i'll get to it. I do really want to read it, but with the queer lit readathon (and me wanting to get to some queer reads) plus the holiday reads i'd like to get to in December specifically and wanting to finish those anthologies by the end of the year...December is looking very full of books. Which is a good thing of course, will just have to see what I manage!

The Deep by Rivers Solomon: This is the December pick for the Beyond the Binary Enby book club. I had already nominated it for the January group read for my group Creatures, Creatures Everywhere! though, the poll is still on-going. I don't think it's going to win though. If it does i'll wait until January to read it but if not I may try to squeeze it into December.

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill is highly unlikely that i'll get to it but why not add it to the pile of possibilities? Apparently it's holiday-themed horror.

The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Stories edited by Jeff VanderMeer: This is a group read for the Goodreads group Spells, Space & Screams from Nov 15th, 2019 to Jan 14th, 2020. So I need to get on it! I don't have to finish it in December but hopefully make a lot of progress. It's HUGE with TINY TEXT. Over 1,100 pages!

Will I get to it all? Not a chance, but hopefully i'll have fun reading what I get to! What are you planning on reading in December? Doing any readathons? Have you read any of these and if so what did you think of them (no spoilers please)?

Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment