Sunday, December 8, 2019

Plans for 2020!

Yes I already did a post about my 2020 Goals but I figured i'd share some ideas I have for 2020! As I plan to be more active here in 2020.

I was thinking of still doing the weekly hauls but start it on the first of January for a clean start and do "Week 1 Book Haul: 2020" or something along those lines for the 52 weeks (with the last one being just a little longer for the extra days at the end of the year). Also if I get stuff from other sites, like Etsy, I can do those hauls separately (or possibly together depending on how much/what I get, though if I did that i'd just call it "haul" instead of "book haul"). If I do seperate hauls like "Etsy Haul" they probably won't be consistent or weekly, it'll just depend on how much/when I get things.

Book reviews, or as I call them book thoughts. I don't want posts to be super long (usually) so in general it seems single book reviews will be better on most occasions. If I read some short stories, graphic novels or something I might lump more than one in a post if it makes sense to do so.

I want to do other hobbies, like make art by drawing or painting, play some video games, watch tv shows and movies, doing puzzles, listen to podcasts and start writing (I really do want to start writing, at least try!). I am worried about the fact this blog is titled "book blog" and I want to branch out into other things but I don't want to confuse people by changing the link. It'll still be very book related so maybe it's ok as i'm sure people understand just because someone reads doesn't mean that is all they do. Multiple hobbies is fine. Do let me know what you think.

For the other hobbies I might show art progress or talk about the games I play or what I watch or podcasts I end up liking. Maybe do writing progress updates if I get shit done in that regard. That all depends on what I end up doing.

Other things I am thinking of doing include stuff like "books I want to read" with a theme, like "crip lit" "queer" "horror" "fantasy" etc. Also recommendations that are themed like that as well. Discussions of different topics. Tags. I want to read some "taboo" and "controversial" things and if I want to talk about them, I will. I refuse to be shamed for reading something.

Maybe read some fanfiction, original stories on wattpad and the like, webcomics and such...and talk about them too. I've put off reading stuff I want to read because it "doesn't count" towards a Goodreads challenge, but as my goals post stated I won't be doing a Goodreads challenge anymore (it's just not for me, i'm not against it and I don't think i'm superior for quitting it, i'm glad I've done it the past few years I just don't want to anymore, that's all) so the hell with that, i'll read what I want to read. And if I want to gush about a webcomic or something, why not?

I have several ideas, written down, that I would love to do, and i'm always willing to listen to suggestions! So i'm excited to see where 2020 takes me. I also wanted to talk a bit about the Reader's Bill of Rights.

I am definitely all for the Reader's Bill of Rights. I'm not sure if there is a story to how Daniel Pennac came up with it or anything, but I love the idea of it.

The Right to not read. Yes. I love to read and want to read many things but as stated I also want to do other hobbies as well, and that is ok. If I get caught up binging a show or making a few art pieces for awhile, that's ok, and I can talk about that stuff too. :D

The Right to not finish. Yup, sometimes I DNF. I don't DNF often, one because I like to give a book a chance and two because I tend to know my own tastes pretty well, however sometimes a DNF just has to happen. I may or may not talk about a book i've DNF'd but if I do I will make it clear that I DNF'd it and where.

The Right to reread. Yes, there are so many books I want to reread!

Everything is self explanatory in the Reader's Bill of rights I just wanted to mention it. And I want to add The Right to Not Review. If I read a book and don't have anything to say about it or don't want to or have the spoons (a chronically ill thing-you can look up "spoonie" if you don't know what I mean) to do so, then I don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading and talking about books and will continue to review books this is just me giving myself permission to not review EVERY single thing I read for whatever reason. If it's on Goodreads i'll be logging it there so stuff will be there. But some stuff i'll just naturally have more to say about then others. I read and want to read a lot of things. I just have to tell myself it's ok to just read for me. That is enough.

I also want to add, not to the bill of rights but just to mention, diversity is still important to me and always will be. Just because i'll be taking less stats and mood reading doesn't mean diversity will fall by the wayside! I'm queer and disabled, diversity is incredibly important to me. I want to read many diverse books. Queer books, Crip Lit, Books by and about POC, books on mental health and neurodiversity, all the things.

I'm not worried about not reading diversely because I WANT to pick up those books so much! And I actually hope mood reading will get me to read more of them! I do want to read diversely in ALL ways though and that includes age category and genre. I just have broad tastes and want to read many things.

I can't wait to see what 2020 will bring me. If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment! What do you hope to do in 2020?

Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I love your plans and wishes for 2020. Good luck with all of this! :*

    ReplyDelete