Monday, December 2, 2019

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King book thoughts

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

Published: Oct 17th, 1975
Format: Physical
Number of Pages: 653
Finished: November 2019
Rating: 3⭐

I liked it. I didn't love or hate it. A lot of religion that mostly felt preachy to me which I don't care for (regardless of why). Though I liked the ending (which seems to be rare for a King book). I liked it a lot more than Bram Stoker's Dracula. And this is Stephen King's take on Dracula. I don't really have many thoughts on it. I liked it ok enough. That's about it.

I hate to say it but I don't quite understand why people say it's so scary. Though I understand what is scary will differ from person to person. It kinda left me cold. It was a bit creepy at times but I was mostly bored. Though I did read it during a hard month and while I was sick so...maybe I need to give it a re-read at some point. I liked the characters and atmosphere enough but that's just it. I kept getting confused by the amount of characters. It's hard to review 3 star books.

Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup. And 3 stars isn't bad for me. I consider 3 stars ok/I liked it. I might like it more upon a re-read, who knows. And I already know I enjoy Stephen King. I loved Carrie and IT.

      Delete