Thursday, December 12, 2019

The First Horror by R.L. Stine book thoughts

The First Horror by R.L. Stine

Synopsis: The Scariest Address of All

Twin sisters Cally and Kody Frasier aren’t thrilled that their family has moved to Fear Street. They’ve heard the strange stories. They know about the centuries of nightmarish terror. But what they don't know is that they’ve moved into the one house that even their neighbors on Fear Street are afraid to enter. The house that has stood mysteriously empty for the past thirty years. They moved to 99 Fear Street.

Now they must learn the secret of 99 Fear Street or they will become the next victims of the house of evil.

In a nutshell: A haunted house story

Published: August 1st, 1994
Format: Physical
Number of Pages: 148
Finished: December 2019
Rating: 5⭐
Diversity: None

My Thoughts

That was horrifying! Supernatural and oh so creepy. I loved that the sisters did love each other. They fought like sisters sure but they made up and showed they cared. They are twin sisters with a 9 year old brother and a mom and dad. They also get a puppy. The parents were present and good parents. They were all believable characters. When more and more shit was happening it showed them all going crazy over it and it was so heart-breaking. I actually cried, at a fear street book. I'm not sure if that's happened before. And it's rare for a book to actually scare me at all, which this did. Especially a supernatural one.

I didn't see what was coming and my eyes literally went wide with shock. There are some horrifying scenes including blood. At some point I didn't want to put it down because it was fast paced and I just had to know what was going to happen. It had me on the edge of my seat. I feel so bad for these characters and what they went through and what they lost. There are some questions left unanswered, but in a way that actually makes sense. I wonder what will happen in books #2 & 3.

My review on Goodreads

Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment