Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sunstone Volume 1 Book Review



Sunstone is a comic about 2 women with unmet desires. Both into BDSM, one domme, one sub. They meet online, talk for a couple months and eventually meet in person to play out their fantasies. It's a romantic comedy and while it is erotic and has sex it is never just about the sex.

The Blurb

"Two women deal with modern themes of sex, relationships, and fetishism in this erotic romantic comedy. So beware all who enter, because, to quote a few hundred thousand readers on DeviantArt: "I'm not into BDSM...but this story...I get it.""

I loved this comic! It talks about how trust is important in a BDSM relationship. How nervousness and human feelings surface, in all parties. It also has humor and great artwork. To quote part of some other reviews because I can't say it better..

"Does this comic have BDSM? Yes. Does it put Fifty Shades to complete shame? Yes. Do I very highly recommend it to anyone and everyone? Yes. Go read it. Because it's the quirkiest, most charming romantic comedy you'll ever read. Yes, there's sex, but it's never just about the sex. It's about these two ladies who are really into BDSM but have never felt super comfortable exploring that passion with someone else. But then they meet online and then in person and it's just so much fun."

And part of another one

"If I catch you reading Fifty Shades of Grey, I am going to politely remove it from your grasp and hand you a copy of Sunstone instead. And if you’re into great characters and wonderful, sweet, funny romance stories that explore sexuality, then I am also going to hand you a copy of Sunstone. To be clear, this is a story that heavily features BDSM, but I want you to set aside any preconceived notions you have about that and read it anyway. First of all, it is an incredibly beautiful, informative, and healthy exploration of sexuality that forces us to acknowledge that sex is a completely normal part of our lives which we need to stop being so damn taboo about. Now, while BDSM might be a kink for some people, that does not make it any less important as a part of sexual exploration. But the key to BDSM is something that, unlike Fifty Shades, Sunstone makes very clear: BDSM is about consent and it is about trust."

There was no point in me trying to say it in my own words when those describe it so perfectly! My only regret? That I have to wait at least a month to get the rest of the volumes! I don't know if it's done or not but there are 4 volumes and i've only got and read the first one. I can't wait to pick up the rest!

As someone into BDSM, with trust and consent involved *cough unlike 50 shades of abuse cough*, I adored this comic! I just had to give it 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment