Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Citrus Volume 1 Manga Book Review



The blurb

"Aihara Yuzu, a high school girl whose main interests are fashion, friends, and having fun, is about to get a reality check. Due to her mom's remarriage, Yuzu has transferred to a new, all-girls school that is extremely strict. Her real education is about to begin.

From day one, happy-go-lucky Yuzu makes enemies, namely the beautiful yet stern student council president Mei. So what happens when a dejected Yuzu returns home and discovers the shock of her life: that Mei is actually her new step-sister who has come to live with her? Even more surprising, when Mei catches Yuzu off guard and kisses her out of the blue, what does it all mean?"

This is actually my first ever manga. I wasn't expecting to love it, but I did! I did think i'd enjoy it but was surprised as it was better than I thought it'd be. Also, it is a Yuri manga.

I loved the characters. The main characters Yuzu and Mei are both very different with their own stories and personality. The story ended up dragging me into it and at times made me tear up. I didn't think i'd like the art style (it's black and white as is the case with manga in general I believe) because I like colorful things but surprisingly it really helped get me into the story and I loved it. The art style really does express and show the story.

I loved how the characters emotions were shown. Mei has had a really rough time with certain things and as much as she hides it, it shows through. Yuzu is girly and is unapologetic with that and just wants to be herself, despite the overly strict school having a problem with individuality.

At least that's what I got out of the manga and now to wait until I can get the rest of what's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment