Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Killer Pizza Book Review



The Blurb

"Pizza you’ll die for!

Toby McGill dreams of becoming a world-famous chef, but up until now, his only experience has been watching the Food Network. When Toby lands a summer job at Killer Pizza, where pies like The Monstrosity and The Frankensausage are on the menu, things seem perfect. His coworkers, Annabel and Strobe, are cool, and Toby loves being part of a team. But none of them are prepared for what’s really going on at Killer Pizza: It’s a front for a monster-hunting organization!

Learning to cook pizzas is one thing, but killing hideously terrifying monsters? That’s a whole other story. Still, if Toby quits Killer Pizza, will monsters take over his town?"

My Thoughts

The Blurb gives a good idea of what is going on in the book. First I want to say I got major Buffy the vampire slayer vibes while reading this book, though it's by no means identical! Toby, Annabel and Strobe are the main characters and are all around 14 or 15 years old.

I loved getting to know the characters, and yes they became my babies. You do get to know the characters pretty well, and personally I could even relate some to Toby with him being shy. I felt for them and on some occasions had tears. I personally loved the pacing, the mix of getting to know what was going on and action, though I love getting to know characters and information it also had a lot of action and fight scenes and I loved every bit of it! It sucked me in from beginning to end and at times I was on the edge of my seat! All that said I can safely recommend it to young teens. If you are a R. L. Stine and/or Buffy fan i'd recommend checking out this book! It has humor, horror, suspense, action and feels wrapped up in a tasty package! I gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment