Thursday, May 19, 2016

What Lies Beneath Book Review



The Blurb

"What would you do if you thought your psycho ex-boyfriend was haunting you from beyond the grave?

When Blair Lewis is left for dead in a freezing lake, she can't get over the fact that her boyfriend tried to kill her. And when she begins to receive disturbing gifts and letters from her supposed dead boyfriend, she attempts to figure out what is going on before the darkness consumes her. Nothing is as it seems and the startling truth is going to rip Blair right out of this world.

Is Blair simply losing her mind? Or is something vicious and dark after her sanity and soul?"

My Thoughts

This is a quick and creepy horror read! I read it in just a few hours, and during that time it kept me on the edge of my seat! I tried to figure out what was going to happen a couple times while reading but the ending had me surprised! I have seen it compared to R. L. Stine and I do see it as a fan of Stine myself. I also loved the atmosphere of the story, I had no problem picturing it in my head.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, giving it 4.75 out of 5 stars! If you're into a quick and creepy read i'd recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment