Monday, July 4, 2016

Alice in Wonderland #1 by Jun Abe Book Review



The Blurb

"Manga publishing pioneer TOKYOPOP is back … bringing readers Disney Tim Burton’s "Alice in Wonderland," a retelling of the film in manga style. Alice Kingsleigh was a young girl when she visited the magical world of Underland for the first time. Now a teenager, she spots a white rabbit at a garden party and tumbles down a hole after him where she is reunited with her old friends. Alice soon learns it is her destiny to end the Red Queen's reign of terror."

My Thoughts

I must have forgotten the blurb says it's based off a movie by the time I got around to reading it. I've never seen the movie so take that as you will. Though I do want to see it. Anyway I could still follow the story, then again I have read "Alice in wonderland" and "Through the looking glass" early this year so I am familiar with the story that way. That said it's easy to follow. I liked the manga art-style and how expressive it is. It makes for some comical expressions to the already weird story that is wonderland.

Since it is the first half and not the whole story it does leave me wondering what is going to happen. I think if I hadn't read this on my computer (for some reason reading on my computer throws me off) and wasn't having trouble keeping my eyes open (I don't blame that on the story, just lack of caffeine in the bloodstream..I got it from netgalley) i'd have enjoyed it a bit more. Of course it is available for kindle, and the second part, so I may just have to get it. :) It's Alice in wonderland...in Manga style...so expect weirdness. If you like Alice in wonderland or the movie version it's based off of, go ahead and check it out!

I gave it 3.25 out of 5 stars, and if I get it on kindle and re-read it I may actually raise that rating i'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment