Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Citrus Volume 5 Book Thoughts



The Blurb

"Sister Vs. Sister!

Step-sisters Yuzu and Mei have finally owned up to their feelings and started dating. But a new semester brings trouble in the form of Mitsuko, the former student council president. Mitsuko is determined to see troublemaker Yuzu expelled. She gives Yuzu an ultimatum: if Yuzu can beat Mei in the student council elections, she can stay. Can Yuzu find a way to win the election and hold onto her newfound romance?"

My Thoughts

First I want to say, in case anyone is wondering, i'm changing it to "book thoughts" rather than "book review" because review kinda stresses me out and really, it's just my thoughts on the book. I'm doing this for me, and if anyone else gets anything out of it or enjoys it that's great, but i'm still doing it for me. It's not really any different though than before, just "thoughts" instead of "review" lol. Anyway, onto the book!

It had been awhile since I read the last volume, so I did read my summary and all that for a quick refresher on what was going on. Not to mention the blurb helped.

It's a quick, fun Manga series. I really enjoyed this volume for a couple reasons! Mei and Yuzu's relationship development, not too fast but finally going somewhere. The message that is in it about being yourself and finding yourself. Life isn't always easy (in fact it hardly ever is easy) and sometimes it can be tough to be yourself, you may even come up against hard choices when certain things or people want to make you conform and "fall in line" taking away your individuality, sacrifices may have to be made but is giving up who you are really worth it? No, no it isn't. Sometimes, people are even quite mysterious, but for good reason.

Don't get me wrong. It's still very much a fun, light, quick and cute Manga read. I still got the above out of it, and I loved it!

The pacing was quick. I read it in about 2 hours I believe. It wasn't too quick, though there were a few times I was temporarily confused, but re-reading it I was able to figure it out and i'm just not used to Manga and get confused easily. I loved the characters, good, flawed and human teen girls. I cried twice and also laughed. There were parts that tugged at my heart, which at first I didn't think was going to happen as it had been awhile since I read anything and even longer since I read volume 4 of this, but eventually it did indeed make me cry, in a good way! I loved the message that made it's way in it. It seems (mentions it at the end) that there will still be more, and I can't wait to see where it goes! I don't know how long this series will be but i'm pretty sure I will devour every volume at this rate! 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment