Wednesday, March 29, 2017

April 2017 Want to Read

Alright, i'm doing these monthly again, because reasons. I say want to read instead of to be read to take the stress off. I want to read these for whatever reason but ya know, sometimes stuff happens and no reason to stress over it more than necessary. :) So here is my want to read for April!


Red Sister by Mark Lawrence

I got a copy of this from Netgalley. It sounds like a badass Fantasy novel, involving a creepy child? I don't know but it sounds like it has the potential to be awesome.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I plan to to read this for Tome Topple that is going on from April 7th-April 20th as my paperback edition is 512 pages. I've heard it's a beautiful book with a circus and romance and that most people seem to love it. It sounds interesting to me and i've wanted to read it for awhile. It's also on my Top 15 books I want to read this year list.

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

I got this from Netgalley as well. A Non-fiction account of women from the 1920s being told that a certain substance made from radium wasn't dangerous to them. They worked with it, apparently a lucrative job that people really wanted...but then "the radium girls" started getting mysterious and crippling illnesses...it was killing them. And their employers denied all responsibility but the girls became determined to fight for justice. From the blurb "It is the powerful tale of a group of ordinary women from the Roaring Twenties, who themselves learned how to roar."

Honestly just reading the blurb chokes me up with tears in my eyes. I have personal reasons for that as well but regardless this is a non-fiction book I can't wait to dive into and learn some history.

The Long way to a small, angry planet by Becky Chambers

I've heard this is about a group of diverse characters on some sort of mission in space. That it is very character driven (which I love). It's also on my Top 15 books I want to read this year list.

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Also on my Top 15 list. From my understanding about an evil wall street guy and difficult to get through the book.

Monstress, Vol 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu

I have a goal to read more graphic novels and I haven't been doing that. I've heard many great things about this one. An adult steampunk fantasy novel with a disabled MC. I can't wait to dive in!

Food Wars!, Vol 1 by Yuto Tsukuda

I've heard some good things about this one too. A manga in which a guy goes to a tough culinary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment