Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Top 15 Books I want to read this year

At the end of last year I made a list with the top 15 books, that I already own, I *must* get to this year. My plan was 1 book a month plus 1 extra book for every 4 months...doesn't look like i'm following that all too well...but nonetheless I still hope to read all these books this year. But if I don't I don't...will see what happens. Here are the books.

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker

I read this is February...and was sadly disappointed in it. Review Here. It's also the only book on this list i've read so far...

2. Jaws by Peter Benchley

I've never seen the movie, so that means I must read the book first! :)

3. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

From what i've heard it's a heart-breaking novel about a brother and sister who have to take on the role of parents to their younger siblings and end up falling in love. A controversial book due to that subject matter...and i've heard mostly good things about it.

4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I actually plan to read this for Tome Topple April 7th-April 20th as my paperback edition is 512 pages. I've heard so many good things about The Night Circus!

5. The Martian by Andy Weir

A man stranded on Mars. Again, i've heard many good things about this book!

6. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

Just like Jaws, I have never seen the movie...so I need to read the book first! ^_^ Dinosaurs...that's actually all I know...dinosaurs.

7. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom

Yup...never saw this movie either, though I always wanted to but somehow never got around to it. Found out it's a book, which came first, so i'm going to read it before I allow myself to watch the movie.

8. Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon

A retelling of The Little Mermaid (which I have seen though it's been a very long time). Mermaids...enough said.

9. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

I heard about this book before I ever heard it's a movie so I haven't seen it yet. I've heard it can be hard to get through this one...will see if I have the stomach.

10. Crocodile on the sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

A classic mystery novel, the first in a long series.

11. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

The second book in a companion book series, all different fairy tale retellings. The first one being Sisters Red which I read back in December of 2015 before I started this blog. I enjoyed it at a 3.5 star rating. I liked it and got the rest of the series (4 books total). Sisters Red is a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and Sweetly is a retelling of Hansel and Gretel. The 3rd book, Fathomless is a retelling of The Little Mermaid and the 4th book, Cold Spell, is a retelling of The Snow Queen (which i've never even heard of).

12. The Long way to a small, angry planet by Becky Chambers

I've heard so many good things about this book! I've been dying to read it and the sequel is already out, I hope to get to this one soon!

13. The Pilo Family Circus by Will Elliot

A horror story with clowns.

14. Cinnamon and Cigarettes by Samantha kate

An F/F romance with a bisexual character to my understanding. Can you say "Yes!" and "Why haven't I read this already?!".

15. Siren by Jaimie Roberts

A Dark Adult Erotica book. These last 3 books I have on my kindle and I needed to add some kindle books to the list as I have so many more unread kindle books (thanks to bookbub.com) than I do physical!

More books I *hope* to get to this year

These books I *hope* to get to this year, but if I don't they will probably go on my list for *must* get to next year.

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

A sort of long middle grade series that i've heard great things about, and seeing as I can only find the entire series in the UK I already have the first 3 books. I didn't want to buy the entire series without even reading the first book, but at the same time I live in the US, it's not worth buying just one book from the UK due to shipping. I really do think i'll enjoy it, but to know for sure I have to read it! I already read a free sample (before I got the books) of the first couple of chapters on kindle and did enjoy them. The main character, apart from Skulduggery the skeleton, is a girl named Stephanie, which is also my name! :)

My life as a white trash zombie by Diana Rowland

This time I only have the first book. The 6th book in this series is apparently coming out this year, no idea if it's the last one or not. It sounds like iZombie in a way but not exactly (and I do enjoy iZombie, the TV show).

Salem's Lot by Stephen King

Vampires and Stephen King, I need to read it!

Discuss:

Have you read any of these books? If so what did you think of them? (No spoilers please)

What books do you *need*, or just really hope, to get to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment