Thursday, April 6, 2017

Diversity Spotlight Thursday #2

Diversity Spotlight Thursday is a weekly meme created by Aimal! Every week, you come up with one book in each of three different categories: a diverse book you have read and enjoyed, a diverse book on your TBR, and one that has not yet been released. You can check out their announcement post here.

A Diverse book you have read and enjoyed:
The Abyss Surrounds Us & The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie

Bad-ass Lesbian pirates fighting sea monsters, seriously what more could you want?! I adored the characters, the action, the world, everything about this duology! The Edge of the Abyss is officially expected to come out April 18th and I read an E-ARC of it in January thanks to Netgalley...after I re-read the first one which I read last year just so I could be immersed in this world! My reviews are Here and Here.

Diverse book on your TBR:
Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember

I know it has an F/F main pairing set in a fantastical world with unicorns. And from what i've heard also has a narrative about standing up for your history, your rights, your family, and yourself.















Diverse book that has not yet been released:
The Seafarer's Kiss by Julia Ember

Expected to come out May 4th and by the same author that wrote Unicorn Tracks. No I haven't read a book by her yet and yes, I'm really looking forward to this one. Honestly I just heard bisexual mermaid (and the author is also bisexual so it's also own voices there) and I was sold. I mean just hearing bisexual or mermaid can get me sold on it but bisexual mermaid, both, double sold! I might be way too excited but i've heard good things from those that have received ARCs of it so far :).









Have you read any of these books, if so what did you think of them? What diverse books have you read and enjoyed or are looking forward to reading?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh such a fantastic list! I loved The Abyss Surrounds Us, but I haven't gotten around to reading The Edge of the Abyss! I can't wait though! ;_;

    I've heard so many wonderful things about The Seafarer's Kiss so far - so jealous of all the people who've received the ARC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though I loved The Abyss Surrounds Us I loved The Edge of the Abyss even more! (which I wasn't sure was possible) I hope i'm not hyping it up too much, but when you get around to it I hope you enjoy it too :)

      So am I! I can't wait to get a copy of The Seafarer's Kiss! Bisexual mermaid honestly sounds like my dreams come true <3 :D

      Delete