Thursday, May 4, 2017

Diversity Spotlight Thursday #5

Diversity Spotlight Thursday is a weekly meme created by Aimal! Every week, you come up with one book in each of three different categories: a diverse book you have read and enjoyed, a diverse book on your TBR, and one that has not yet been released. You can check out their announcement post here.

A Diverse book you have read and enjoyed:
Noteworthy by Riley Redgate

I read an ARC of Noteworthy thanks to Netgalley. I absolutely loved it! A bisexual chienese-american (own voices for both) girl pretends to be a boy to get into an all-male A Capella group. It talks about so many important topics and tore at my heart and was also cute and had it's funny moments! Check out my review Here if you want to hear more about my thoughts on it. It came out May 2nd!














Diverse book on your TBR:
Of Fire & Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

An F/F Fantasy where the Princess is supposed to marry some Prince but falls for his sister instead. Also horses. That is what I know. I have it, I just have to get around to reading it!



















Diverse book that has not yet been released:
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

I don't know much. From what i've heard it sounds like a girl believes she is lesbian but then realizes she might be bisexual. Real life people have that experience, and those stories deserve to be told too. I've heard from a couple people that recieved ARCs that it is very well done, beautiful and sensitive. It's own voices (all these books are in some way). I can't wait to get my hands on it and read it! It comes out May 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment