Monday, May 22, 2017

May Book Haul #2

I'm going to be trying to do hauls more often just so they aren't as big. I would have done this yesterday but I couldn't sleep and was too tired. I'm not sure if anyone cares for me to be copy/pasting the synopsis or not, if you really want me to just let me know but I will still link all the Goodreads pages so you can check them out should you wish to. All but one of these were free the day I got them, and the one that wasn't was on sale for just $1. One also came from Netgalley and one Unsolicited. All now on my kindle. I try and get the covers I have but not all are on Goodreads plus I don't actually have a cover on Women Within, which is because it's an E-ARC on PDF I believe.


The Creatures from Beyond Beyond by R.L. Stine

This is the one that was only $1...i've never heard of it but I love R.L. Stine so why not pick it up for just $1 if I can?

Mean Little People by Paige Dearth

Netgalley

Berkley Street by Ron Ripley

The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3 by Lindsay Buroker

Double Life by S. Usher Evans

Serenity by Craig A. Hart

Her Master's Heart by Lawrence Southwick & S.H. Beans

Women Within by Anne Leigh Parrish

I actually got this via email, unsolicited, back in April. An email from the publishing house that had a pdf of the book I never asked for or said yes to. I assume because I read one book from them, a YA horror novel, thanks to Netgalley, and they auto-approved me (which until then I didn't even know was a thing). This is not a book i'd generally pick up but it comes out in September (and i've since found out I can read PDF books on my kindle, I can just download to my desktop and drag them onto my kindle) so I might give it a shot before then.

I didn't mention it before because A first I didn't know I could get it onto my kindle (I hate reading books on the computer, gives me a headache) and B it wasn't on goodreads until recently. I hate to sound bitter about getting a free book randomly, it's just not something I think i'll like and now I feel obligated to read it which isn't a good thing for the book. It feels like a chore or homework assigment (and June 13th will be EXACTLY 10 years since i've graduated school, I don't like feeling like i'm back there, yes i'm old..) now and basically like

even though I know that isn't actually the case.

City of Ghosts by J.H. Moncrieff

The Devil's Concubine by Jill Braden

Lost Girls by Celina Grace

Witch Hunt by S.M. Reine

Silver Bullet by S.M. Reine

Hotter than Helltown by S.M. Reine

These last 3 are all part of a series and free today (no idea how long) so I figured why not pick them up? If I like them I got the first 3 for free, if not, oh well.

What books have you gotten recently? Read any of these and liked them?

3 comments:

  1. Turns out I forgot to include the 2 books I got in the Nocturnal Reader's Book Box, so they will be included in the next haul post. Woops >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congrats on getting so many freebies and ones on sale! And I actually totally get the slight annoyance at being kind of "forced" into reading a book. Honestly our time is valuable and not to be wasted! So I say if you don't want to read a book, even if it's auto-approved, it's okay to not? I've been auto-approved for something I didn't want before and I just didn't download it. 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it's not just me. I know no one is forcing me into reading it, it just kinda feels that way. I may or may not give it a shot, who knows. I have so many other books i'm really excited for and can only read so fast >.<

      And thanks, bookbub is going to kill my tablet with kindle books. I get notified via email of daily freebies/on sale Ebooks and i'm weak and can't resist >.< lol

      Delete