Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 2017 Wrap-Up & July Want to Read

June 2017 Wrap-Up

This month's ratings from highest to lowest

Mean Little People by Paige Dearth 5 stars
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde 5 stars
Chobits Vol 1-8 by CLAMP 4.5 stars
Food Wars!, Vol. 1 by Yuto Tsukuda 4 stars
The Library of Souls by Richard Denney 3.75 stars
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce 3.75 stars
Environmentally Friendly by Elias Zanbaka 3.5 stars
Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee 3 stars
Jaws by Peter Benchley 2.5 stars
The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss 1.5 stars

The Twitter thread showing all the Emojiathon Emoji's I completed is Here and the Emojiathon's Twitter is Here. I completed 11 Emoji's! :D SUCCESS.

Other Posts

June Book Haul #1
June Book Haul #2

July Want to Read



Though first I want to finish Cinnamon & Cigarettes by Samantha Kate, which I haven't started yet but plan to soon. There is just no way i'll finish it before July starts. It was on my June WTR and Top 15 list to read this year.


As for the rest of them..

I Hate Fairyland, Volume 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young

Now that i'm back on track for reading at least 2 graphic novels a month (I want to read at least 24 this year) this is one for July. I've heard great things about it!

Dance In The Vampire Bund, Vol. 1 by Nozomu Tamaki

Another graphic novel/manga. Also, vampires!

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

I have not seen the movie and it's a classic. It's also on my Top 15 to read this year list.

Since you've been gone by Morgan Matson

A summery read from what I gather and i've never read a Morgan Matson book. Also I ment to get to this last year...woops. Also to be used for Candybook Land

Month: July
Place#: 12 Green
Task: Has a green cover
Book: Since you've been gone by Morgan Matson

Honey Girl by Lisa Freeman

A summery read and it seems an F/F romance.

Walking on Knives by Maya Chhabra

Netgalley, short F/F The Little Mermaid retelling

Juliet takes a breath by Gabby Rivera

Netgalley. About a Lesbian Puerto Rican girl and from what i've heard, also feminist. And intersectional. And awesome from everything i've heard, can't wait to dive in!

An Uncertain Grace by Krissy Kneen

Netgalley. In the lgbtqia section. Not entirely sure what it's about.

Forbidden Blood by R.L. Kenderson

Netgalley. Vampires.

Now technically my basic goals for reading in July are 2 graphic novels, a Top 15 to read this year listed book, one book for Candybook land, one I just want to read this book, and at least 3-4 netgalley books. In addition to Cinnamon & Cigarettes (also a Top 15 book but I was planning on it being for June so that's where i'm counting it for that purpose).

I have other graphic novels I could choose, other Top 15 books to still get to, I could technically pick another book for Candybook Land as i'm sure I have plenty of other options, of course I could decide to pick up another book just to read besides Honey Girl and I do have more Netgalley books. So this want to read could entirely change and still meet those requirements, but these are the books i'm feeling at the moment. But as long as I meet these basic things it'll still be a good reading month. :)

What did you read in June? What are you hoping to get to in July? Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment