Friday, July 28, 2017

I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young book thoughts


Title: I Hate Fairyland, Vol 1: Madly Ever After
Series: Yes I Hate Fairyland #1
Author: Skottie Young
Published Date: April 20th, 2016
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 128
Format: Paperback
Genre: Comic/Fantasy/Humor
Days to Read: 1
Rating: 5 stars
Would I recommend it?: Yes
Would I read more books by this Author?: Yes
My Social Media: Goodreads/Instagram/Twitter

Goodreads Synopsis

From superstar writer and artist Skottie Young (Rocket Raccoon, Wizard of OZ, Fortunately, The Milk), comes the first volume of an all-new series of adventure and mayhem.

An Adventure Time/Alice in Wonderland-style epic that smashes its cute little face against grown-up, Tank Girl/Deadpool-esque violent madness. Follow Gert, a forty year old woman stuck in a six year old's body who has been trapped in the magical world of Fairyland for nearly thirty years. Join her and her giant battle-axe on a delightfully blood-soaked journey to see who will survive the girl who HATES FAIRYLAND.

Collecting: I Hate Fairyland 1-5

My Thoughts

Poor Gertrude was just a little girl wanting some fun when she fell into fairyland...and she needs to find a key in order to get back home..and 27 years later she still can't find it and she is not a happy camper! She's a woman in her 30s stuck in a child's body in fairyland, a place she's grown to hate. The Queen of fairyland just wants her out as she wrecks havoc, but can you blame her? I'd be angry too in her situation!

The Queen sends all kinds of stuff Gert's way, but it just doesn't work. I loved Gert! And her sarcastic sidekick/guide Larry!

It's quirky, violent, gory, and hilarious! It's quite the contrast too. A happy vibrant fairyland, with one mad as fluff Gert! And that ending, omg yes! I must get volume 2 now! Oh, and this comic is definitely not for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment