Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I Hate Fairyland Vol 2 Fluff My Life by Skottie Young book thoughts


Title: Fluff My Life
Series: Yes (I Hate Fairyland #2)
Author: Skottie Young
Published Date: December 13th, 2016
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 128
Format: Comic/Paperback
Genre: Fantasy/Humor
Days to Read: 2
Rating: 4/5 stars
Would I recommend it?: Yes
Would I read more books by this Author?: Yes
My Social Media: Goodreads/My Booktube Channel/Twitter/Instagram

Goodreads Synopsis

All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. After thirty years of wreaking havoc across this magical world to find her way back home, she must now overcome her biggest challenge yet... ruling the place she hates most. Join Gert as she continues her never-ending quest to get the FLUFF out of Fairyland. The hilariously brutal Fairytale adventure continues by superstar cartoonist SKOTTIE YOUNG. Collects issues 6-10.

My Thoughts

It's difficult to review a comic, especially as this is not the first in the series. That said I very much enjoyed this second installment of I Hate Fairyland! Gertrude is still trying to escape fairyland to get back home. There is still plenty of deaths, blood and humor. I know how it sounds but this series doesn't take itself too seriously and it's all cartoony and colorful and still definitely not for kids! It's funny, gory and light-hearted. I feel like a bit more happened in the first volume but I still very much enjoyed this one and am looking forward to the third volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment