Friday, January 5, 2018

I Hate Fairyland, Vol 3: Good Girl by Skottie Young book thoughts


Title: I Hate Fairyland, Vol 3: Good Girl
Series: Yes (I Hate Fairyland #3)
Author: Skottie Young
Published Date: October 24th, 2017
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 128
Format: Physical
Genre: Fantasy/Humor
Days to Read: 1
Rating: 5/5
My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

My Thoughts

Even though i'll be posting my review to Goodreads as well, Goodreads has been known to not always be reliable (I've heard of people losing their reviews randomly) so I want to post them here too, so I can look back at them all in one place. Also I left out the goodreads synopsis for this one so as to not spoil the 1st and 2nd volumes for anyone.

I am still loving this series and I can officially say i'm obsessed with it! Gert falls into fairyland as a child, and is unable to find her key to get out and over 30 years later she's still stuck in fairyland and is mad as fluff! It's violent, it's gory, it's hilarious, and it's so not for kids despite the candy-like colors! Gert just wants OUT of fluffing fairyland and her guide Larry, a fly, is pretty fed up too. Though I loved getting to see more into his thoughts as well!

I love sassy Gert and how this series doesn't take itself too seriously. I love that this volume went a bit deeper though, without losing it's light take on itself. The commentary and calling stuff out was awesome!

It continues the story and went in a direction I wasn't expecting. Please tell me there will be more after that ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment