Sunday, February 18, 2018

Citrus Volume 7 by Saburouta manga thoughts


Title:Citrus Volume 7
Series: Yes (Citrus #7)
Author: Saburo Uta
Published Date: February 13th, 2018
Publisher: Seven Seas
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 180
Format: Physical Manga
Genre: Contemporary/Romance
Days to Read: 1
Rating: 4 / 5 stars
My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

Synopsis

Secret Love

It's summer break-but instead of spending her vacation with Mei, Yuzu is stuck in summer school. On her first day, she meets a strange girl with an uncanny talent for observation. Will the new girl discover Yuzu's secret relationship with Mei...?!

My Thoughts

This is a volume where I seriously wanted to slap multiple characters. I'm still loving them, and to a degree I can understand them, they are in high school, but it did seem there was some miscommunication or just being well...not that bright. It's also getting kind of...messy? So many characters and stuff to keep up with, i've started constantly referring to the characters on Wiki to keep them straight (Here) though I think that's more to do with me and being fairly new to manga still. You can tell them apart by looking at them.

I think it's going somewhere but with 2 manga volumes a year it's going to seem slow, that said I am in this series for the long haul. Loving this fluffy/cute/angsty Yuri/Shoujo ai!

Other thoughts...Shirapon is creepy.

This volume takes place mostly at a festival and summer school. Shirapon has a creepy keen eye on observing people...everyone...and doesn't seem to understand personal space or tact. But she can't crack Mei, so she thinks going to the festival with new friend Yuzu (met in summer school) she'll be able to get closer to Mei and figure her out. When Yuzu overhears a confession between Mei and Shirapon does that mean the end for Yuzu and Mei or will it help them get closer?

No comments:

Post a Comment