Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre book thoughts


Title: The Girl in 6E
Series: Yes (Deanna Madden #1)
Author: A.R. Torre
Published Date: January 21st, 2014
Publisher: Redhook
Source: I bought it
# of Pages: 352
Format: Ebook
Genre: Thriller/Contemporary/Adult
Days to Read: 5
Rating: 5 / 5 stars
My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

Goodreads Synopsis

I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.

Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.

My Thoughts

This definitely surprised me by being more than I expected! All I knew going into it is the main character is a cam girl who keeps herself locked in an apartment because she has urges to kill people. I've heard it described as an erotic thriller, which I can see, but personally I think it's more thriller than erotica (and i'm not complaining!).

I loved getting to know Deanna. She's isn't evil, or at least not entirely. Sure she has evil urges but they didn't appear out of the blue. I won't spoil you but there is more to the story there. And she doesn't want to hurt innocent people and fearing that she will, locks herself up. Being a cam girl is a means to live, both for money because she still has to eat and live and all that of course, as well as a means to sort of escape her rather lonely life.

I even related to her in some ways. Not in the murderous tendencies kind of way but I do believe we all have some darkness in us. Maybe some more than others but we all have some, a dark thought here or there. It's what we do that tells us who we are.

I loved getting to know her story.

When a little girl's life depends on her getting out of her apartment, well let's just say I love Deanna ok! There is true evil out there...and I don't think Deanna is it. Messed up...sure, but she tries and has good in her. She obviously isn't perfect though. Who is?

The beginning sucked me in, the second half of the story captured my heart and tears. I also feel like saying too much would spoil it, so i'll just end it with I loved it, and if it intrigues you give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment