Friday, December 14, 2018

Anthologies i'd like to get to in 2019!

I realized I have quite a bit of anthologies i'd really like to get to in 2019. This isn't to say I won't read other anthologies, I most likely will, but these are the ones i'm really looking forward to reading the most. Of course i'm also not promising I will read all of them in 2019 but I can try! Also I already own all of these.


H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction and The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe.

These probably aren't technically anthologies, but I wanted to mention them. I want to work on (not necessarily finish, they are both large of course!) both of these, unless I end up realizing I hate them and dnf them, but I think i'll like them and it's a shame I don't really know Lovecraft's or Poe's work with how influential they've become.


Kevin J. Kennedy Presents Collected Christmas Horror Shorts, Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft, Alien Sex: 19 Tales by the Masters of Science Fiction and Dark Fantasy

I actually hope to read and/or finish these by the end of 2018 but as it's about halfway through December and I can't promise that I will, I wanted to put them here in case I don't. I have started Toil & Trouble and Alien Sex but have not yet started the Christmas Horror Shorts as of writing this.


Off Limits: Tales of Alien Sex, Girls Who Bite: Lesbian Vampire Erotica, Eternal Frankenstein, Into the Mummy's Tomb

Off Limits I will be reading in February/March for a group read. F/F Vampire Erotica? Yes please! I love Frankenstein so Eternal Frankenstein sounds right up my alley. Into the Mummy's Tomb, well I want to read some Mummy stories.


Magic and Romance: A Collection of Lesbian Short Stories, Everything that's Underneath, Cocktales, Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror.

F/F romances, Horror, a response to the #cockygate crap and erotic horror. These are in no particular order lol.


Corpse Cold: New American Folklore, Necrophilia Variations, Doorbells at Dusk: Halloween Stories, Scream and Scream Again!

I've heard good things about Corpse Cold. Necrophilia Variations seems...interesting, and upon reading reviews potentially thought-provoking. Doorbells at Dusk and Scream and Scream Again I will hopefully read closer to Halloween.


Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens, Just Get to It: NY Girl-Girl Romances, Coming Together: Arm in Arm in Arm..., The Bizarro Starter Kit (Orange)

Stories about disabled teens by disabled authors, hell yes! I am disabled, and was born disabled, so while I am no longer a teen, when I was I was a disabled teen and while I wish something like this had been around then, i'm so glad it exists now! F/F Romances, all the yes. Tentacle Erotica that benefits the Ocean (proceeds of the book go to benefit charity). Bizarro...not exactly a new genre but not a popular one either. It says "Bizarro strives not only to be strange, but fascinating, thought-provoking, and, above all, fun to read."


Winter Solstice, Vernal Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumn Equinox

Seasonal anthologies i'd like to read in the apropriate seasons.


Collected Easter Horror Shorts, Mermaids and Other Mysteries of the Deep

Easter horror stories that'd be nice to read around Easter and the Mermaid anthology I plan to read for Merfolk May.

So...that's quite a long list of anthologies i'd like to get to! Have you read any of these? Any of them sound interesting to you too? What anthologies would you like to read?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete