Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Queer Books I Really Want To Read (that I already own)

I want to pre-face this with saying I am not making any promises as to when i'll get to these books. One of my 2019 goals is to read at least 12 Queer books that I already own (and re-reads don't count). I have a lot more than 12, more than what i'm even going to be putting here. These are just some of the books I can choose from for that goal and in particular the ones that i'm most excited for. So I should be reading at least some of these next year, though probably not all of them. I think I can guarantee I won't get to all of them because I couldn't stop adding more! I just want to read everything apparently, but you can never have too many queer books! In no particular order.

1 & 2. Honey Girl and Riptide Summer by Lisa Freeman

I know it involves a girl who likes girls (I don't know if she's a lesbian, bisexual etc.) and beach summer fun. I bought Honey Girl years ago and then ended up winning an ARC of Riptide Summer and...I still haven't read Honey Girl (and Riptide Summer came out May 2017). I've wanted to read them the past couple summers and haven't gotten to them.

3 & 4. Ice Crypt and Ice Kingdom by Tiana Warner

I read Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner in May 2018 and loved it! Lesbian mermaids, character depth, interesting plot, swoon-worthy romance, YES PLEASE. Ice Massacre is the first in the trilogy. I might decide to re-read it before continuing on with Ice Crypt and Ice Kingdom. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

5. For Real by Alexis Hall

I know it's involves a D/s relationship between 2 guys, one older one younger with the younger being the Dom and i've heard it's a great romance.

6. Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite

I've heard nothing but good things about Poppy Z. Brite's books! I know it's horror, with vampires, lgbt in some way...I mean it sounds right up my alley!

7. Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember

Fantasy with a bi mc and an f/f romance. Julia Ember also wrote The Seafarer's Kiss which I don't have but involves bisexual mermaids, so I want to read this to see if I like it and if I do I might just pick up The Seafarer's Kiss! Or I might anyway because bisexual mermaids but I have heard that The Seafarer's Kiss involves characters acting like a woman's only purpose is to birth babies and as a woman who can't do that reading such things hurts/makes me angry. However i've heard it's challenged but not much? I don't know, I still want to check it out. But I have Unicorn Tracks by the same author so I think I should read it first.

8. Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy

I haven't read anything by Julie Murphy but I know she's a pretty popular author and there was some controversy surrounding this book (because apparently only certain people's stories/figuring out their sexuality journeys are allowed to be told) which is own voices (as are many, though not all, of the books on this list for that matter). So I bought it...and I haven't read it yet. Must fix that.

9. Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

I think this is one of those books you either love or hate, rarely in between. M/M with a lot of trigger warnings.

10. How to make a wish by Ashley Herring Blake

I've heard great things about this book (and author) with a bisexual MC. Why haven't I read it yet? I don't know!

11. A Bouquet of Gardenias by Judy kemp

I know it's erotica with a bisexual MC. Give. It. To. Me. Oh wait...I already have it, I just need to read it already!

12. So Sweet by Rebekah Weatherspoon

I read Better Off Red by Rebekah Weatherspoon this year, wlw vampires and I loved it! I know So Sweet has a bisexual MC, an interracial romance and an age gap.

13 & 14. Blacker Than Blue and Soul To Keep by Rebekah Weatherspoon

These can go here too, as they are the second and third books in the Better Off Red trilogy I just mentioned. wlw vampires, I AM HERE FOR IT.

15. Ilavani by Kaelan Rhywiol

Queer, pagan, polyamorous, universe with bdsm. Just read the synopsis (all titles link to Goodreads page)! It sounds interesting!

16. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

I've heard mostly good things and that there is an f/f romance.

17. Diary of the Hollow by Ashleigh Gauch

It involves mental health.

18. Thornfruit by Felicia Davin

Bisexual character...fantasy...haven't heard much but have a little (it was good). Has amazing ratings. I don't really know anything about it, but I have it and I wanna read it.

19. Attack of the Lesbian Zombies by Saxon Bennett and Layce Gardner

Lesbian. Zombies.

20. Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron

I believe this has a f/f relationship between a bisexual disabled girl and a lesbian poc.

21. Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz

I loved Not Otherwise Specified but haven't yet read anything else by Hannah Moskowitz!

22. Stealing the Wind by Shira Anthony

M/M. Queer mermen erotica.

23. Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh

Bisexual Necromancer. That's all I needed to know. WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS YET?!

24. Swamp Girl by Iza Moreau


F/F YA Adventure novel.

25. Shell Game by Benny Lawrence

Lesbian. Pirates. Ever since I read The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie duology of lesbian pirates i've wanted MORE lesbian pirates in my life.

26. Kraken by M. Caspian

I'm into horror, weird things, and tentacles and a friend says "If you like suspense filled horror and/or tentacles, you will enjoy Kraken." so it sounds right up my alley.

27. The Pirate's Booty by Alex Westmore

Lesbian. Pirates.

28. Keepers of the Cave by Gerri Hill

F/F Paranormal Romance of some sort.

29. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

Princesses fall in love.

30. The Soldier's Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian

M/M historical romance and something to do with chronic pain.

This is not a full list! I want to continue The Beast of Callaire series, read Peter Darling, Making Love, Girls Who Bite, The World of Cherry, On The Rocks, Ascension, and so much more! I just figured listing 30 was a good even number. Why must I want to read all the things? Are there any on this list you think I should make a high priority? Have you read any of them? (no spoilers please) What queer books do you have your eye on? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment