Friday, December 27, 2019

Bullet Journaling!

I started a bullet journal in the middle of 2019. I have started a new one for 2020 that should last me all of 2020. It is by Dingbats. I did see a video where someone numbered their pages and found out it was a couple pages off what it said so I finished numbering (originally I had just done January's and was going to number the pages as I went through the year) and sure enough, 3 less dotted pages than I was expecting which i'm glad I found out now and not in December. It's not a big deal knowing now, February-April just won't get cover pages. I had everything planned out to the page but have only done the pre-monthly stuff and January so far.

Anyway I figured i'd talk a bit about what's in my bullet journal. I did show my January pages on my Instagram here but they aren't good pictures (why is it impossible for me to take decent pictures of my bullet journal pages?) and of course my bullet journal is personal so I wouldn't want to show everything anyway. But that doesn't mean I can't talk about it.

Before the dotted pages even begins there is a blank page where I put the months and some important days, readathons etc. so I can remember them later. Like in January I want to do the Cancelathon, February is black history month, March is women's history month, May is Merfolk May and Mental health awareness month, stuff like that. Then the dotted pages begin. I have an index page. Then I have a goals page, which I know I did make a goals and plans for 2020 blog posts but my goals in my Bullet Journal do have some more things but I mostly just want to see where the year takes me. Like I do want to use my library more and try listening to more audio books. Finish series. Stuff like that.

Then I have an annotating/medicine page. On the top half it has how i'm going to be annotating stuff from here on out hopefully. What color tabs/highlighters mean what. Then on the bottom half I have a list of what medicines I need so each month I can make sure I look through everything to figure out what I need to buy so nothing gets missed. Then I have a page with my 40 books I want to read before I turn 40 list. Then a couple pages I can write down blog ideas. A page for potential reading moods (genres, format, age category, etc.) so if I want to read but don't know what I want to read I can take a look at it and figure out what stands out to how i'm feeling that moment and go from there.

Then some pages where I can list the books/stuff I read in 2020 with a space for title/author, fiction or nonfiction, age category, format, owned/libby/hoopla etc., and rating. Then starts the monthly stuff! With most months (except February/March/April as stated above) being able to get a cover page which will just state the month and give me space to doodle or whatever. Not actually important to me.

Then comes the days. I have written 4 boxes per page (13 by 19 dots) with each box being a day of the month. I write the day of the month in it and anything important that day and there is plenty of space in them for me to add things, add what I did that day etc. Any extra space I can doodle or add stickers. For January that means 8 pages of it, with the last page having 3 boxes for days 29-31. The last page also has a list of stuff I want to make sure to remember to add in each month (holidays, appointments, stuff like that) and even books i'm thinking of or need to read for some reason (like a group read).

After that I have a page where I can list books i've read that month. It has space for 40 books so I should be more than fine. Each line has a space for why? (i'll put a letter here like B for buddy read, G for group read, a letter for a readathon like C for Cancelathon etc. if there is no reason besides I wanted to i'll just leave it blank), the title/author, year published, number of pages, format, age group and rating.

The next page has spaces for me to list Movies/TV I watch and also a space for games I play that month. The next page is for podcasts (as I want to try to listen to some podcasts), art i've created since I want to draw and paint, and puzzles. I have sudoku, mazes, stuff like that. My bullet journal is really a hobby tracker lol. I just want to make sure i'm making time to do what I actually want to do, that i'm getting into all my hobbies and keeping my brain active. I am very limited in what I can eat and physically do so I want to make keeping my brain active a priority because that I can do. And it can be fun! :D

Then I have a monthly overview page which i'll fill in after the month is over. Just writing what I did that month, thoughts on said month or whatever. Then the next page has a space for stuff I want to get/am thinking of getting/actually buy. A "haul" page. I also have another notebook which has a list of series i've started and want to continue (many I want to re-read the first book because I suck..) with boxes for all the books in the series that I can fill in when i've read them.

Do you have a bullet journal? What kind of things do you track in it if you do?

My Social Media: Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment