Sunday, January 12, 2020

Jan 5th to Jan 11th, 2020 Book Haul +

Amazon Freebies

Forbidden Kiss by Kelli Callahan: Contemporary Romance

The Red King by Jenn Stark: Urban Fantasy

The Blueprint by Wesley Cross: Science Fiction

A Frayed Web by Jon Ripslinger: Young Adult Thriller

They Came with the Snow Series by Christopher Coleman: Horror. I was surprised when I saw this because I have (also was a freebie I think) the first one by itself but it's a very short story and I thought it was a standalone. Turns out it's not and the second book is longer apparently.

Covenant College: The Complete Series by Amanda M. Lee: Paranormal Fantasy

Cavalier by by T.L. Smith: BDSM Contemporary Erotic Romance

Dead of Night by Emily Goodwin: Paranormal Romance with vampires

Paid for Amazon Ebooks

Into the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie: A prequel to a duology that I love and I didn't know the prequel existed until this past week! The duology has lesbian pirates fighting genetically engineered sea monsters in a near (dystopian) future with a slow burn f/f enemies to lovers romance, morally gray characters, turns tropes on their head...it's my favorite❤️.

Siren: A Dark Retelling by Hazel Grace: A dark little mermaid retelling that is apparently adult and erotic, from what i've seen of reviews.

The Ghost Files 2 by Apryl Baker: I liked the first one enough to want to check out the second one. Paranormal, young adult, ghosts.

Physical

Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert: An adult contemporary romance with an own voices black chronically ill woman. I've heard wonderful things about the chronically ill rep and being chronically ill myself I just had to check it out! And i've heard great things about Talia Hibbert's books in general.

The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin: A translated science fiction. Also happens to be on my 40 books I want to read before I turn 40 list.

Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson: A frankenstein retelling, queer, trans character.

Once by James Herbert: I've heard mostly good things about James Herbert. I know this involves fairies.

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs: Urban Fantasy, shifters. Also the February group read for "Creatures, Creatures Everywhere!".

Monster Musume Volume 1 by Okayado: Looks hilarious. Monster girls.

Food Wars! Vol 18 and Vol 19 by Yuto Tsukuda: I've read the first 12 volumes and there is a total of 36. It is finished last I heard. I have a lot of catching up to do.

The Mermaid by Christina Henry: A little mermaid retelling.

Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry: I've read this via hoopla and enjoyed it (despite waiting like an hour for each page to load-literally-because hoopla was being an ass at the time) so I got a physical copy now. Beautiful poetry.

Coral by Sara Ella: A little mermaid retelling.

Other Stuff

Blog Posts over the past week

Voices in the Snow by Darcy Coates book thoughts
New Years Resolutions book tag
Honorary Mentions of 2019

For the Amazon freebies, I just happened to see they were free (usually because of bookbub). Often they are only free for a short time so I can't guarantee they still are when you see this. Of course I can't review what I haven't read yet so when I say what they are about it's just from what I see on Goodreads/have heard.

So what have you picked up recently? Any of these sound interesting? Comment down below! :)

My Social Media: Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

2 comments:

  1. Great haul. I love Amazon freebies I download them all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). It's so hard to resist downloading them when they are free lol.

      Delete