Sunday, March 4, 2018

Werebears and Water by Caitlin Ricci book thoughts


Title: Werebears and Water
Series: N/A
Author: Caitlin Ricci
Published Date: February 14th, 2018
Publisher: Less than three press
Source: Netgalley
# of Pages: 36
Format: Ebook
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Erotica/New Adult
Days to Read: 1
Rating: 4 / 5 stars
My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

Goodreads Synopsis

On vacation at Werecon, werebears Vince and Rayce are looking forward to all the con offers. But they find an unexpected twist to their vacation when they meet Maia, a water nymph, who needs a place to stay after hotel mixes up her reservation.

My Thoughts

Rayce and Vince are a werebear couple going to a WereCon. They figure it'll just be humans there but after they check into the hotel and are on their way to their room, a girl tries to check in but the hotel lost her reservation. They offer to share their room with her and find out she's a sea nymph. It's a short story and I don't want to give everything away. I knew before going into it that it's a paranormal romance/erotica with an m/m couple and they get with the sea nymph girl. I did not know that one of the guys is a trans man. I'm all for all the queer rep, but as a cis person I can not speak on the trans rep and I have no clue if it's good or not. Rayce and Vince are polyamorous and panromantic, it's stated, and that is own voices.

I loved seeing how well they all communicated! I wasn't expecting much from a short erotica story, but I was pleasantly surprised! The communication between them, consent, and showing they care was absolutely wonderful! The end made me tear up, I didn't cry but I did get teary. I already really like these characters. I don't much else to say, it is a short story, but I did enjoy the characters and the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment