Sunday, August 19, 2018

#ShortStoriesAThon Short Stories Readathon!

I am hosting a Short Stories Readathon from August 24th-August 31st, 8 full days, no need to worry about time zones. Anything that is either less than 200 pages (or close to it) or an Anthology that has short stories in it, regardless of how long the anthology itself is. It's just something I wanted to do and figured why not see if anyone else wants to join in? I have mentioned it on youtube and figured why not mention it here too? The videos- Announcement video, Challenges video, and my TBR.

The challenges are 100% optional, I just had so many short stories I want to get to that I made up the challenges so I could help myself choose. You can completely ignore them if you want, or double/triple/quadruple etc. up if you want to as well.

The challenges

1. Read a Horror Short Story
2. Read a Graphic Novel
3. Read a Diverse Short story (Queer, POC, Disabled, any minority)
4. Read a short story with your favorite color on the cover
5. Read a sci-fi short story
6. Read a short story with a creature (cryptid, mermaid, vampire etc.)
7. Read an Anthology
8. Read an erotica/smutty short story
9. Read a poetry short story
10. Read a children's book
11. Read something seasonal
12. Read something with less than 50 pages

My TBR

1. Aickman's Heirs edited by Simon Strantzas- Started before Readathon, also a group read. Goal isn't necessarily to finish (though that would be nice) but to at least make progress.

2. Burning the Bacon by L. Austen Johnson- Fits challenges 3, 9.

3. Fairy Tale Destruction: A Book of Dark Poetry by Erik Straker- Fits challenges 1, 9

4. Mothmen: Myths and Legends Volume One by Kaelan Rhywiol- Fits challenges 3, 6, 8

5. Darkness: Poems of extreme horror by Eric Kapitan- Fits challenges 9

6. The Alien Club by J.C. Andrijeski- Fits challenges 4, 5, 6

7. Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter by Russell Nohelty- Fits challenges 1, 2

8. Pomegranate Juice: Sacrilegious Tales of Dark Abrahamic Horror by Magnus Wilton- I just hope to read some of it, not necessarily all of it by the end of the readathon

9. The Bees by D.C. Swain- Fits challenges 10, 11, 12

10. Tentacle Sex Collection by Sophie Walton- Fits challenges 3, 4, 7, 8, 12

11. Skin Flowers by Gina Ranalli- Fits challenges 1, 4, 12

12. Alien Sex edited by Ellen Datlow- Again I just want to make some progress in it, not necessarily finish it. Everyone I said that i just want to make progress in is an anthology.

13. Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft edited by Tess Sharpe and Jessica Spotswood- I have this from Netgalley so it would be nice if I finish this, but again if I don't, oh well, as long as I make progress. This wasn't in my TBR video but I realized it should have been.


If you want to join in please do and let me know! I'll be talking about my progress on Twitter (I'm @wicked_jr89) with the hashtag #ShortStoriesAThon It is a very casual readathon, participate as much or as little as you like no pressure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment