Friday, February 23, 2018

Child of Nod by C.W. Snyder book thoughts


Title: Child of Nod
Series: Yes (The Balance #1)
Author: C.W. Snyder
Published Date: November 6th, 2017
Publisher: Curiousity Quills Press
Source: Netgalley
# of Pages: 274
Format: Ebook
Genre: Fantasy/Horror/Young Adult
Days to Read: 4
Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

Goodreads Synopsis

Alice wakes one day to find herself on the other side of death, in the corrupted fairy tale land of Nod. Unable to remember much of the events leading to her demise, she sets out on a journey to discover her memory and the reason for her presence in Nod. Unknown to her, the man responsible for her death, Jack, is on a mission to find her spirit and end her second life.

Alice takes flight, only to find herself drawn into the lives of those around her and the mystery permeating that place. From the humble streets of Elysium to the mirrored spires of Memoria, her journey takes her on a path that leads to a decision that will affect the fate of Nod.

Along the way, she meets a cast of characters that include a madman with a dark secret, her faithful companion, Dog, and a woman made of memory. Together, they help her on her journey as she uncovers the truth of Nod and the woman behind it all, the Red Queen.

My Thoughts

Honestly I don't think I have a lot to say about this book but I did enjoy it! It kept me interested and wanting to know what was going to happen. It's an interesting retelling of Alice in Wonderland. It has gore, zombies, someone made of memories, traveling over a weird landscape and more.

At first it's sort of confusing as to why certain POV's exist but it all makes sense by the end. I liked Alice and her companions and the world was intriguing. I'd definitely be up for continuing this series. I liked the plot twist. The whole book did have me thinking at times as it was thought-provoking and religion played a part in it. I was worried about where it was going but in the end enjoyed it just fine and had no problems with it personally.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but if a weird Alice in Wonderland retelling with some horror sounds up your alley check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm super intrigued right now! I LOVE Alice and all the variations and I haven't actually read a gory horrory version yet?! Which probably makes me sound really bad, ah ahha, but I do like books that frolic in the dark side.😂 Definitely will look this one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it if you read it! I'll definitely be interested to see what you think about it. :)

      Delete