Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I want to read before 2019

Top 5 Wednesday Group

Top 5 books I want to read before 2019!

1. The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales

Does it count if i'm currently reading it? This thing is huge though! 211 stories (it says 210 but the number 151 is repeated twice, and no numbers are missing). I started this...in January...of 2016. I read a bit, got burned out and...stopped...for over a year...Almost 2 actually. Started it again this year reading so much a month. I still have to read November's and December's and then I will be DONE! FINALLY! Then I get to do a happy dance lol.

2. Horrors! 365 Scary Stories

Ok, most of these i'm currently reading but they are the top I want to finish by 2019. I started this in January and as it says 365 stories i've been reading so many a month. However many days are in that month. I've already read November's, just one more month to go!

3. Silent Night by R.L. Stine

Here's one i'm not currently reading! It's actually a buddy read for December. And I plan on getting 2 & 3 next month and buddy read them as well. Fear Street books don't take long to read anyway. And it's perfect for the season! I also know I read Silent Night 1 when I was a teenager but don't really remember anything about it. It'll be nice to revisit it!

4. Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft

I suck. I got this as an E-ARC from Netgalley. I've read the first 3 stories and gave each of them 5 stars! I'm loving it so far! I've heard so many people feel "meh" about it since i've read the first 3 though. I really do think i'll love it though, so what is stopping me from finishing it? So many books, so little time. But I WILL FINISH THIS THIS YEAR.....I hope.

5. Alien Sex: 19 Tales by the Masters of Science Fiction and Dark Fantasy

Yes, i'm currently reading this one as well. As it says there are 19 stories and i've...read the first 3. I see a pattern here with this and Toil & Trouble. Anyway, despite what the title may lead one to believe, it is not erotica. At all. There is an introduction that actually explains how the title was chosen. I've enjoyed the first 2 stories out of the 3 i've read. I think i'll enjoy this anthology, if not every single story at least most of them. Though I have to finish reading it to find that out for certain.

So these are the top 5 books I want to read, or finish reading, before 2019! What are yours? Have you read any of these?

2 comments:

  1. I had Toil and Trouble lined up for October, but life had different plans xD I'll try to squeeze it in before 2019 comes!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with squeezing it in! Hope you enjoy it when you get to it! Thank you for reading and commenting :)

      Delete