Friday, March 6, 2020

February 2020 Overview

So...February was shit. I've already talked about everything of mention in the weekly sunday posts (book haul +'s). It started with our kitten, only a few months old and we were struggling with his health and a vet that apparently has an awful reputation but we learned too late that said vet is an ass, Shadow dying on my 31st birthday. Just minutes after midnight. So I spent the entire today hearing "Happy birthday! Hope it's a great day!" grieving our kitten that just died and wanting to scream "That ship already sailed away!" about it being a good day.

Though I realize that wasn't the fault of anyone telling me happy birthday, that's typically what you do, it was just like pouring salt in a wound. For months we did everything we could for him that we knew of. I've also talked about it in videos. I don't want to rehash it more. We had him cremated and we have his paw print, and of course he will forever stay in our hearts. R.I.P Shadow.

Then someone stole our generator, which we still need to replace. And we have well water which means no electric=no water=no toilet, and with my medical issues this is BAD, so that's still a worry. Fuck you whoever stole it! And then a whole bunch of constant bookternet drama, the usual, and me wanting to scream over it all but silently just fuming and miserable.

Then my granny died. R.I.P Granny. She would have been 95 next month. So it's been a very hard month. Somehow I am still here though and got some shit done. But that's more to do with the fact that if I didn't do shit I would have lost my mind completely.

I made 14 youtube videos and 9 blog posts (including the 4 weekly sunday posts, the January overview post, and 4 other ones). I finished 12 books and watched 5 movies. Also watched some tv. I also drew...one thing...a pikachu. But still, I guess that's something.

What I Finished Reading

The Man Who Knew the Way to the Moon by Todd Zwillich- 3.5⭐
Execution by Lucia Franco- 5⭐
The Surprise Party by R.L. Stine- 4⭐
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs- 3.25⭐
The Color Purple by Alice Walker- 5⭐
Camp Red Moon by R.L. Stine- 3.5⭐
Barack Obama: The Comic Book Biography by Jeff Mariotte- 4⭐
How to Catch a Mermaid by Adam Wallace- 4⭐
Islandborn by Junot Díaz- 4⭐
Lumberjanes Vol. 2 by Noelle Stevenson- 5⭐
Lumberjanes Vol. 3 by Noelle Stevenson- 3⭐
Citrus+ vol. 1 by Saburouta- 5⭐

Average Rating: 4.10

TV I Watched

I watched Supernatural Season 15 Episode 11, so I am caught up and waiting for Supernatural to come back next month. I watched Hellier Season 1 Episode's 2-5 and Season 2 Episode's 1-3. I enjoy it, I guess. I keep watching. I watched Fuller House Season 5 Episode's 4-9 and am anxiously waiting for the rest to be released. I also watched Locke & Key Season 1 Episode 1. I liked it but i've only watched the first episode so far.

Movies I Watched (and what I rated them on letterboxd)

Charlotte's Web (1973)- 4⭐
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory (1971)- 1⭐
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)- 4⭐
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)- 3.5⭐
The Little Mermaid (1989)- 5⭐

Average Rating: 3.5

I would say that's all I did but with the month I had...i'm glad for what I did. As you might be able to tell I had to take it easy on myself with what I read and watched. I just wasn't in the right head-space for anything too hard and needed a pick me up. Here's hoping for a better March. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

What did you do in February? Any thoughts on what I read or watched? Comment down below!

My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment