Friday, March 20, 2020

Why I want to enjoy other hobbies as well

Last week I made a post (i'm actually writing this right after I wrote and posted that one...ssssh lol) about Why I Read. I love to read and that isn't going to stop. But what has stoppd? Me enjoying my other hobbies. And I need to fix that! And I need to be on social media less to accomplish that and realize it's ok to not read all the books and to have more than one hobby.

Another hobby i've enjoyed but always get insecure about and don't do much is art. I enjoy drawing, want to learn to draw, and paint. It's a creative outlet, it's fun, it can help keep the mind sharp as well. I need to be ok not being great at art right away and realize it takes a lot of practice and the only thing I actually need to do is have fun. If i'm having fun and not hurting anyone, who gives a crap if I suck at it?

I want to watch more tv and movies. I am always so behind on that stuff and there is stuff I want to watch but I guess my brain just doesn't prioritize it because...I don't know. It's seen as lesser? As if they can't be interesting forms of art as well, entertaining, and sometimes the brain just needs to relax anyway. It's a muscle. Exercise can help it but all muscles need breaks as well.

Video games. I miss Sims. I miss Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed, MMO's...video games in general. Another form of art, even creative expression. Another form of story-telling. And they help hand-eye coordination. Using a controller (or portable console) even helps strengthen my weak left hand/thumb (because of pollicization due to hypoplastic left thumb). And fun damn-it! Fun is important to have in life.

Podcasts...I haven't really gotten into podcasts. I've listened to a little bit (awhile ago) of "Books in the Freezer" podcast but just...stopped. I don't know why, I was enjoying it. And there are podcasts that sound interesting. Podcasts on all types of things.

Puzzles. I've enjoyed sudoku. There are other puzzles i'm interested in as well. Codeword, mazes and more. They also help keep the mind sharp as I mentioned in my "Why I Read" post. And I feel a sense of accomplishment when i've completed a puzzle.

Writing. I used to write stories, mostly about my Sims but they would be full stories about them and their world. Helped with pictures from my game. I've written a little bit of non-sim stuff as well (mostly when I was growing up), and I miss writing. That creative outlet. I know I have stories brewing in my brain and wishing i'd write them. I know I could do it (i'm not saying it'd be easy). Another creative outlet. Fun. Using my brain to create. Possibly sharing them.

Of course I also enjoy this blog and making YouTube videos and I will not limit myself to just one hobby when I blog or make a video. I could make blog posts or videos about other hobbies besides reading as well.

What are some of your hobbies or hobbies you are interested in getting into? Comment down below!

My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment