Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Pride Flag Book Tag! #TagTuesday

I like doing tags but they can be a pain to do in videos, so I have decided to start doing them on here! Today i'm doing the Pride Flag Book Tag! Originally made by Common Spence Here on Youtube.

1. Red (Life) - A book with a spirited protagonist totally proud of who they are. Someone who gives you LIFE!

Not Otherwise Specified by Hannah Moskowitz

It's been awhile since I read this book but I still remember how much I loved Etta and how unapologetic she is about being bisexual! It was also the FIRST time I had EVER seen a bisexual main character...ANYWHERE...and I was nearly 27 years old having been out as being bi since I was 13. This book means so much to me and will forever be in my heart <3.

2. Orange (Healing) - A book that made you, as the reader, find a deeper meaning or catharsis in your own life.


Curved Horizon by Taylor Brooke

Curved Horizon is the sequel to Fortitude Smashed, a soulmate AU duology. The first book is an m/m romance between a cop and a thief. The cop, Shannon, is bisexual, while the thief, Aidan, is pansexual. I don't think it's stated in the first book if I remember correctly but they all are in the second. Shannon also deals with depression that I really related to.

Curved Horizon is between Daisy, a shy goth Asian-American demisexual girl with anxiety and Chelsea, a bisexual southern belle with her own issues as well (I don't mean that in a bad way, just not sure how else to put it and the book isn't fresh in my mind anymore). I loved both of them! I found catharsis, well in both of them actually. Having dealt with depression and anxiety myself I found myself relating to the characters, and I cried so much while reading them. These books have my soul.

3. Yellow (Sunshine) - A book that fills you with so much joy it could brighten even your darkest day.


Moon-Bright Tides by RoAnna Sylver

A cute short f/f story between a witch and a mermaid! While it is short it still packed a punch, with relate-able characters, great world-building, depth, and sweetness that made my heart so happy! <3

4. Green (Nature) - A book that is set out of this world — a reality different to our own.


The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

It's literally set in space. A character-driven ride through space with characters of different species and an f/f relationship. This is a very popular book and I completely understand why!

5. Blue (Peace) - A book where one of the characters finds peace with a difficult truth.


The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie

Lesbian pirates fighting sea-monsters is how I always describe this duology because honestly if that doesn't intrigue you, I got nothing. The main character, Cass, is raising to help fight the pirates in a future world. Her family has genetically engineered reckoners, sea-monsters, to fight the pirates. Well she ends up on a pirate boat and learns the world isn't black and white like she was lead to believe, but rather shades of gray.

6. Purple (Spirit) - A book that deals with LGBT+ themes and religion.


Queer Magic: LGBT+ Spirituality and Culture from Around the World by Tomás Prower

This is a non-fiction book about Queer history in regards to several religions, that has people from said religions also speaking on their experiences. I absolutely adored this book and learned so much!

Have you read any of these books? What would your answers to these questions be? Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog. Some serious blog goals here haha. Pride flag tag is a good one!

    ReplyDelete