Friday, August 31, 2018

August 2018 Wrap Up

As usual the titles will link to my reviews on Goodreads. I've also stopped caring about page count because with anthologies and kindle...it can get confusing, plus the wattpad thing from July...so i'm not counting pages on a monthly basis anymore.

Books I Read

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux ★★★
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch ★★★★★
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy ★★★★.5
Paperbacks from Hell: The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction by Grady Hendrix ★★★★
Stay Out of the Basement by R.L. Stine ★★★
The Turtle Boy by Kealan Patrick Burke ★★★★.75
The Sleepwalker by R.L. Stine ★★★★
The Sublime and Spirited Voyage of Original Sin by Colette Moody ★★★★★
Monster Blood by R.L. Stine ★★★★★
Burning the Bacon by L. Austen Johnson ★★★★
Skin Flowers by Gina Ranalli ★★★★
Vikings vs. Unicorns by James R. Tramontana
Fairy Tale Destruction: A Book of Dark Poetry by Erik Straker ★★★★
Darkness: Poems of Extreme Horror by Eric Kapitan ★★★
The Bees by D.C. Swain ★★★★
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power by Ryan North ★★★★
The Alien Club by J.C. Andrijeski ★★★★
Mothmen: Myths and Legends Volume One by Kaelan Rhywiol ★★★★.5
Average Rating: 3.93


Anthologies I read some of in August (but have not yet finished)

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Grimm Brothers I read 13 more stories in August. I realized there are 2 stories with the number 151 and all other numbers are accounted for so I read one more than I planned to to stay on track, as there are 211 stories.

Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft edited by Tess Sharpe and Jessica Spotswood I got an e-arc of this, so I do actually have 16 stories in it but one was taken out due to some sexual misconduct by the author, so I probably won't read that one (and if I do I won't count it towards the rating). I have so far read the first 3 stories, and have loved all of them!

Alien Sex: 19 Tales by the Masters of Science Fiction and Dark Fantasy edited by Ellen Datlow I have read the first 3 stories. I enjoyed the first 2, didn't care for the 3rd.

Tentacle Sex Collection by Sophie Walton There are 3 stories and i've read the first one. I really enjoyed it.

Horrors! 365 Scary Stories As there are 31 days in August, I read 31 more stories

Pomegranate Juice: Sacrilegious Tales of Dark Abrahamic Horror by Magnus Jaymes Wilton There are 12 stories in this one and I have read the first 4 so far and am really enjoying them!

Aickman's Heirs edited by Simon Strantzas There are 15 stories in this one and I have so far read the first 9. It's a mixed bag, really enjoy some, don't enjoy others.


I Also read 23 pages of Ichabod Jones: Monster Hunter as I had a sample. I'll probably buy it at a later date.

What I Watched in August

TV- My Little Pony, Stay out of the Basement, Monster Blood (part 1)

Continuing to watch My Little Pony season 8 episodes as they come out, love those ponies! After reading Stay Out of the Basement and Monster Blood I watched the episodes on Netflix. I really liked Stay Out of the Basement. I liked Monster Blood but I did prefer the book.

Movies- Phantom of the Opera, Bride of Chucky, Nightmare on Elm Street #2, Poltergeist #2

Not much to say other than I loved all of the movies. Phantom of the Opera was a shock to me as I didn't think i'd care for it, it's not normally a movie i'd watch but I did because of BooktubeAThon, and i'm glad I did! Maybe in the future I can figure out how to rate movies like I do books and discuss them more.

Podcasts- Books in the Freezer I listened to the first episode and really enjoyed it! I will be listening to the rest of the episodes. First podcast I've ever listened to!

Youtube Videos Posted

Recent Reads #68-71
July 2018 Wrap Up Part 1 Books
Short Stories Readathon Challenges
July 2018 Wrap Up Part 2 TV/Movies
Recent Reads #72-75
My Short Stories Readathon TBR
August 2018 Book Haul
Recent Reads #76-79
Emojiathon / Sept TBR (overly ambitious)
#80-83 Recent Reads | 2018
#84-88 Recent Reads | 2018

Blog Posts Posted

July 2018 Book Haul
Top 5 Wednesday: Favorites I'd Like to Revisit
July 2018 Wrap Up
Pirde Flag Book Tag!
Why I'm Done With Saying "Guilty Pleasure"
The Trigger Warning Debate
Short Stories Readathon!

Wow that's a lot! What have you read/watched/listened to/posted in August? Have you read/watched/listened to any of the same things I have and if so what are your thoughts? Feel free to comment down below!

Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment