Monday, February 10, 2020

Birthday Book Tag!

Today I turn 31! Well actually i'm typing this up 2 days before-hand, on the 8th. But the day this posts, February 10th, is my 31st birthday. Normally i'd post a tag on a tuesday, because tag tuesday, but I should probably post this on my actual birthday if possible so, here we are.

1) Birthday Cake: A book with a plot that seems cliché but you adore it anyway.

Truthfully i'm not sure if this counts because I don't understand what cliche means really. I hear about it all the time but it never makes sense to me but I am an over-emotional INFP that could find emotional depth in a piece of toast (or think I do anyway lol). This is a paranormal romance with vampires. Lots of f/f sexy times. Better Off Red

2) Party Guests: Your most anticipated book release for this year.

I found out about this book here and it says

"Callender is having a monster of a publication year, having released both an adult fantasy (Queen of the Conquered) and a queer Middle Grade contemporary (King and the Dragonflies) in the last six months. Now they’re capping it off with this extraordinary trans YA about a boy (usually, which is another part of the story, and one that I will happily spoil results in trad-pubbed YA having it’s first on-page demiboy) named Felix who’s hell-bent on getting revenge against a transphobe at school, only to find the person he assumed was the culprit might actually be the exact person he needed in his life."

DEMIBOY! I recently came out as a demiguy myself. It will mean so much to me to see some demiboy rep! I am so excited for May to get here!!! Also, sorry not sorry but gender identity is NOT A SPOILER and it pisses me off people keep acting like it is. It's rep that so many desperately need and they aren't going to know it exists if people treat it like it's a spoiler. Felix Ever After

3) Birthday Presents: A book that surprised you with how much you loved it.

When I read this I honestly didn't think i'd love it. A romantic classic? But i'd heard so many love it and wanted to check it out myself. I loved it! A gothic romantic suspense. I am so glad I gave it a chance! Rebecca

4) "Happy Birthday" Song: A book that certainly deserved all the hype it got.

Ben comes out to their parents as non-binary and gets kicked out, having to go live with their sister who they haven't talked to in a really long time and her husband. Emotional but also soft and heart-warming.

5) Happy Music: A book with some very beautiful and truly memorable quotes.

I can't remember quotes for the life of me, but I read bodymap on kindle and annotated a few. It's a poetry book about being a queer disabled femme of color. bodymap

6) Getting Older: A book that you read a long time ago, but you think you would appreciate more if you read it as a more mature reader.

I didn't read a lot growing up. I did read this for 7th grade though and it's the only book I remember reading for school that I actually liked. I read it again in 2016 at age 27 and loved it all over again! So this may be a cop out but it's also the only possible answer for me...The Outsiders

7) Sweet Birthday Memories: A book that kept you incredibly happy during a sad or demanding period of your life.

I read this last year, and last year was a year of figuring out my gender identity and being able to say it out loud and not be ashamed. This book showed me that i'm not alone and that all the feels I had growing up, others did too and that i'm not nuts because of it. It's a memoir in a graphic novel format. It's about realizing one is non-binary and asexual. I am not asexual but I am non-binary and related a LOT to that stuff in there. Gender Queer: A Memoir

My Social Media: Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment