Friday, February 21, 2020

Books by Black Author's I've Loved!

I definitely want to read a lot more (see last week's post Books by Black Authors that I Want to Read!), but here are some I have so far.

1.

The Deep by Rivers Solomon

A hard-hitting diverse adult fantasy with mermolk! I have a blog post review here and a video review here.

2.

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

It's been awhile since I read this but I do remember loving it. I wrote a review on it here and I plan on re-reading it by listening to the audio-book. A classic for a reason!

3.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Hard-hitting book about police brutality and racism. I wrote a review here.

4.

Better Off Red by Rebekah Weatherspoon

F/F Paranormal romance with vampires, and erotic. I wrote a review on Goodreads here.

5.

Bingo Love by Tee Franklin

Made my bisexual heart so happy. So heart-breaking and real, but then so beautiful. It's never too late to be happy. A second chance romance between two woman of color. Graphic novel. "Review" on Goodreads here.

6.

Becoming by Michelle Obama

Auto-biography by Michelle Obama. Pretty sure I didn't need to say that. My review on Goodreads here.

Have you read any of these and what were your thoughts? Any recommendations? Comment down below! :)

My Social Media: Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment