Sunday, February 9, 2020

Feb 2nd to Feb 8th, 2020 Book Haul +

Amazon Freebies

Probably Paws by Leighann Dobbs: Book #5 in a cozy mystery series. I already have (also were freebies I believe) books #1 & 2 so...

Smoke, Mirrors and Demons by Kat Cotton: Something about a Circus and demons..

When I Die I'm Going to Heaven 'Cause I've Spent My Time in Hell: A Memoir of My Year As an Army Nurse in Vietnam by Barbara Kautz: A non-fiction autobiography

Sorority Menage Party: Book 1 by Mazy Rain: An erotic f/f short story

Bossing my Lesbian Intern 2 by Mazy Rain: Another erotic f/f short story

Masterson by Lisa Lang Blakeney: A new adult contemporary romance

Audiobooks

Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Modern World by Michael Pollan: A non-fiction book about Caffeine. Both of these audiobooks are from audible originals where you get to choose 2 out of 6 each month if you have audible.

Beezer by Brandon T. Snider: A middle grade fantasy

Paid for Amazon Ebook

Whisper of the Moon Moth by Lindsay Jayne Ashford: Historical fiction. I got it for just $1 because of that kindle credit thing they do and I keep falling for. Because that means you have to choose from a small selection of books I just go with what looks interesting from the choices. I know nothing about it.

Smashwords

Monster Girl Erotica Sampler Pack by Paul Lucas: I'm pretty sure the title says it all lol.

Other Stuff

One of my cats, a kitten, is anemic, underweight, not growing, still needs more shots which he can't get because he has a cold...again, and needs to be fixed because his balls won't drop which means they could get twisted inside him. We are doing everything we can for him. The other one that got stitches seems to be healing just fine. With worrying about my cats, insomnia, colds, headaches, chronic pain from my multiple medical issues, i'm just going through each day the best I can.

I watched Hellier Season 1 Episode's 3-5 which finishes season 1 and season 2 is ready to watch with 10 episodes! I think i'm hooked now. I watched "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (1971) and nostalgia could not save it from the issues I had with it. I gave it 1 star (letterboxd does allow 1/2 stars...it got 1 full one because that tunnel scene was epic). Racism, slavery, ableism and a whole bucket of "Wtf?!" I then watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (2005) which I had not seen before, and while I still had issues with it I enjoyed it over-all and gave it 4 stars (all stars are out of 5).

I watched Fuller House season 5 episode's 4-9. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974) and gave it 3.5 stars. Enjoyed it for what it was. Very...weird though. And I watched Locke & Key Season 1 Episode 1. So far so good.

My birthday is tomorrow! (the 10th). I'll be 31.

Blog Posts over the past week

January 2020 Overview

For the Amazon freebies, I just happened to see they were free (usually because of bookbub). Often they are only free for a short time so I can't guarantee they still are when you see this. Of course I can't review what I haven't read yet so when I say what they are about it's just from what I see on Goodreads/have heard.

So what have you picked up recently? Any of these sound interesting? What have you been up to? Comment down below! :)

My Social Media: Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment