Sunday, June 23, 2019

June 16th to June 22nd, 2019 Weekly Wrap Up

What I Finished Reading

Titles in this section link to my (sometimes fuller) reviews on Goodreads.

Fearful Fathoms: Collected Tales of Aquatic Terror edited by Mark Parker 2.71⭐

Anthology of "ocean horror" (apparently). Mostly duds. Few gems. Over-all, not impressed.

The Mueller Report: The Findings of the Special Counsel Investigation by Robert S. Mueller III 1⭐

The Main Character is completely unbelievable and a one-dimensional villian. Characters are too stupid to be real people. The plot is ridiculous. A horribly written dystopia. And all the good bits have been blacked out!

Bigfoot Crank Stomp by Erik Williams 3.5⭐

Lots of Trigger Warnings. A crazy wild ride. Very gross. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. Idjits drop out of school to cook meth, keep a bigfoot locked in their cellar (for protection, I guess, against the meth heads in the turf that were there first that do come to kill them because competition) and bigfoot is addicted to meth. Chaos ensues. Found it an enjoyable enough read.

Midsummer: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for Litha by Deborah Blake 4⭐

A basic book about Midsummer, the Sabbat that is the day Summer officially begins.

Alone and Palely Loitering by Julian Stuart 5⭐

This short story managed to rip out my heart, give me all the feels, have me relating to the MC SO HARD (MC is ungendered and I am agender, also depression feels), crying tears of sadness and happiness.

Like I WANT TO SAY MORE but it's a short story and anything else I say WILL SPOIL IT. ASSUME NOTHING. I repeat, assume nothing. I has a new favorite. Now leave me be in my bucket of feels. <3 And I highly recommend this short story. Do read the author's note at the end too.

Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson 3.5⭐

Cute. Girls camping. Supernatural things a-happening. Says screw gender roles. I did enjoy this first volume but I think it'll get better as it goes on, which I look forward to doing. Ripley is my favorite character already.

Currently Reading

I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver

I recently came out as Nonbinary. This is about a Nonbinary teen who comes out to their parents and gets kicked out, so they go to live with their sister they haven't seen in a decade and their brother-in-law. I'm only 65 pages in and already have cried a lot and had to stop a number of times because of mental health reasons. As a disabled nonbinary and bisexual person...well i'm terrified of my (potential) future.

Of course i'm worried about stuff that may or may not happen but the worst case scenerio involves a long drawn out painful death from my medical issues. Or being shoved back into a closet. I am not a coat! I just want to be 100% me. I'm not hurting anyone by doing that. And be allowed to live until whenever my body decides to naturally give out (and not from a lack of medical care). Is that really so much to ask?

TV I Watched

iZombie Season 5 Episode 5 #ForeverThreeEpisodesBehind

Youtube Videos Posted

Recent Reads #11 | 2019

Book Haul

Amazon Freebies


Bookfunnel Freebies


Prolific Works


Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment