Sunday, June 30, 2019

June 23rd to June 29th, 2019 Weekly Wrap Up

What I Finished Reading

Titles in this section link to my (sometimes fuller) reviews on Goodreads.

I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver 4.5⭐

A book I wish I had as a teenager, when I didn't feel like I fit into the girl box or the boy box, but I didn't know there were any other options. That what I was feeling wasn't wrong. That I wasn't alone in it. That I wasn't just awful at being a girl. Turns out, i'm non-binary. Do not call me a woman or a man. Or girl/boy. Or sister. Not sure how I feel about other words that are typically gendered just yet. Pronouns....are tricky only because I live with chronic pain and i'm always tired and in pain. The last thing I want to do is scream pronouns into an ether that refuses to listen. So They/She/He. Just please, please do not call me a woman or a girl.

You can call me Female if you're strictly talking about sex. Because yes, sex exists and as far as I know i'm Female. It's how the world sees me, treats me, and because of that many "women's issues" apply to me just the same. Also I have medical issues in relation to my sex so that's also a thing. Oh and heart attack symptoms differ between the sexes. Thought i'd throw out that little known but lethal fact out there. Because which symptoms are well known? Male ones, of course. This is why I state I am an Agender Female. Because both things matter. It can get complicated, I know that.

This book is so important. Ben comes out to their parents as non-binary, and gets kicked out. It hits hard topics and I really related to a lot of it. Coming out, misgendering, dysphoria, mental health. Depression, anxiety, panic attacks. Counseling (and how it can be positive...something younger me should've heard). My review on Goodreads (which the title links to) goes into more depth. I highly recommend this book.

Edited later: They/Them. My pronouns are they/them.

Currently Reading

Nothing actually. Not sure which book i'm picking up next other than something on my July TBR.

TV I Watched

MLP: Friendship is Magic Season 9 Episode 13 "Between Dark and Dawn", iZombie Season 5 episode's 6-8 and Siren Season 2 Episode's 7-8. Loved all of them.

Movies I Watched

Gremlins (1984) 5⭐
Saw II (2005) 5⭐
Austin Powers International Man of Mystery (1997) 3⭐
Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) 3⭐

Ok I watched that last one today before writing up this post, but whatever. The 90s haven't really aged well...and as a 90s kid that kinda sucks. But it is what it is. Really loved Gremlins and Saw II.

Youtube Videos Posted

Horror Booktube Tag
Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag
Help me choose my Reading Rush TBR!
July 2019 TBR

Book Haul

Amazon Freebies


Feedbooks on Goodreads Freebies


Prolific Works Freebies


Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment