Friday, January 24, 2020

Looking back at 2019 over-all

Basically reviewing my 2019. I did do a Goodreads challenge in 2019, initially I set it to 65, got really stressed in the beginning of the year when it said I was (barely) behind and truthfully if I wasn't well ahead I was uber stressed so I set it down to 52 and...I got to 130. Sort of. 4 of them are short stories in a huge anthology that I counted separately so really 126. But still, that's awesome! But I also learned the Goodreads challenge can kiss my ass, i'm not doing it again. I've mentioned it before in my 2020 Goals post. Not against it and I don't regret doing it in the past, it's just not for me going forward. My 2019 Goodreads challenge is Here if you want to look at all the books on it.

Looking at my Goals for 2019 post...I didn't re-read the books I wanted to (and I still want to), I continue to suck at continuing series, I did read enough non-fiction though i'd love to read more. I read some poetry, loved some of it, didn't get some of it, so i'm glad I am continuing to read poetry sometimes (should do it more often) because when it's a hit it's awesome! I did read enough classics, want to continue reading classics sometimes. I have several I want to read.

I didn't read enough queer stories but do I ever...is there ever such a thing as enough queer stories? No, no there is not. I don't think I read enough short stories either. I wish I had read more creature features and bizarro stories. I did good with my group. I read 3 stories by Stephen King (one being a comic only partially written by him but still). I sucked at reading what I wanted to when I wanted to. I'm stuck in TBR's and I can't find my way out! And everything else...yea I suck. I did get glasses but that's it...

All that probably makes it seems like 2019 was a bust but it wasn't! I read over 27,000 pages and had an average rating of 3.88! I found so many new favorites when I went to do my favorites post I had to split it into 2 because I just couldn't narrow it down anymore! I came out as non-binary and trans. As a demiguy. I go by Tyler now. 2019 was a great year, just maybe not so great for all the goals I set. But hey, 2020 is a new year right? I also learned doing youtube is not for me, but this blog is.

2019 had ups and downs, like any year will, but over-all I feel pretty great about it and look forward to what the rest of 2020 has in store for me. Hopefully I can take what I learned in 2019, apply it and learn more in 2020.

My Social Media: Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram | Letterboxd | TV Time

No comments:

Post a Comment